B7100 and adding a loader

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Wow, you were all so great about my transmission question, yes I changed the fluid this afternoon, so I have another question.

I have a loader that I am going to adapt to my B7100, my question is should I make a bracket for the existing pump and mount it to the front PTO shaft, or tap into the tractor hydraulics.

The B7100 has a valve under the seat that could provide the supply to the loader valves, I don't see a place for the return. The whole process would be much easier if I used the tractors hydraulics, I guess I am just questioning if the tractor hydraulics have sufficient pressure, reserve and flow for a loader or should I do the secondary pump to get the response I need. Also the pump that I already have is likely to fail soon and need to be replaced.

I am sure there are any number of you out there with great advice on this topic.

Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd say save yourself a headache and place the pump on the front of the tractor and run it that way. You'll have to drill holes into the side of the block under the seat and its more trouble then its worth. Atleast on the front you'll have plenty of power for the FEL and still plenty off the 3 pth.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I am curious though, if there is already and auxillary valve under the seat, which I learned the hard way what it is (Turned it to see what it did, didn't do anything so I left it turned. When I raised the 3pt, it sprayed the fender. Yes I will put a plug in that.) there must be a place that the fluid was returned to the transmission. Also the tractor doesn't have a loader but does have a loader subframe, which I plan to use when I adapt my existing loader to the tractor. Thanks for all the attention. :)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I know that my 7100 had a front mounted pump on it and used the right side upright post on the loader for the reservoir. It worked like a champ.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
What engine does your unit have? My experience is with the d750 engine on a b7001.
There is a second hydraulic pump mounted to and driven by the fuel injector pump. It has lots of pressure and capacity for the FEL. It uses the transmission case as a reservoir, same a the 3-point pump.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I wish I could tell you. My dad bought it for me used and it didn't have any books with it. I traded it in on my L 3000 about 10 yrs ago. All I no is that is was a three cylinder diesel 16 or 17 hp. It was the smallest diesel I had ever seen but it had a big heart. At that time the smallest tractor we had was a 50 hp. IH. That little Kubota really opened my eyes to what a small 4x4 could do.

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I am going to add a couple hoses and couplers to supply and return hoses from the loader and hook them to the existing ports on the tractor and see what happens with the loader still on the old tractor. If I don't have to fabricate the mount for the pump and don't have to use the front PTO that would be my preference, I'll keep you posted with the results.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I am going to add a couple hoses and couplers to supply and return hoses from the loader and hook them to the existing ports on the tractor and see what happens with the loader still on the old tractor. If I don't have to fabricate the mount for the pump and don't have to use the front PTO that would be my preference, I'll keep you posted with the results.
It sounds like a good plan to me. If it will work and you can make the swap even simpler that would really be a bonus.

You may have already thought of this but if not maybe this will help.
I'm assuming that the doner tractor is running. If so I would time how long it takes to lift the bucket from the ground to the top while empty and then get some weight in the bucket and do the same again. With that same weight in the bucket time it after you hook it up to the new tractor hydrolics then you can dump the bucket out and time it empty. Doing this will at least give you a way to compair the difference between them. I guess this is sort of a poor mans flow meter/pressure checker.

Good luck with the change over.

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
excellent plan, old tractor is not running, but to be able to tow it i needed to lift the loader, hitched a 16 horse tecumseh bolted to front of tractor to the pump, runs the pump as good as the tractor ever did. Thanks for the tip