B3350 DPF issues

ajsauto

Nov 6, 2014
Manheim,PA,USA
Does anyone know if Kubota has fixed the DPF issues with this tractor? Anybody owning this cab style tractor have you had any issues with the DPF? I really like this tractor, but not happy with the DPF system. My main concern is the 63" front snowblower, I don't think the 2650 has enough power for it. This is why I was looking at the B3350. I know where a mint condition B3030 is but it's not set up with what I need.

Treflo

Sep 7, 2014
Hudson Bay, SK, Canada
I'm not sure if this helps you or not but I just spent a couple months looking at new tractors in that size range and had a hard time finding a lot of info on the DPF issues, maybe because it's still quite new. I couldn't find any info on fixes. Some people have said it is a real problem, others claim it's no big deal as long as you use the auto-regen button properly. Also seems like colder temperatures might make things difficult for the DPF to heat up enough.

I ended up finding an extremely low hour L3200 that I bought instead. I liked the extra size and power and lack of emissions stuff.

However I'm not an expert, that's just what I found people saying when I was looking. The one I was considering was a B3350SU, almost the same thing as you.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yall can thank the world wide tree huggers for this crap,, just sayin

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
I wanted an L3200 - I wanted a new tractor - it's a once in a lifetime purchase for a guy in my 60's

Dealer of course only had the newer L3301 with all the new emissions crapola on it. I looked wide and far - went 700 miles to purchase an L4600 because it was all I could find without the new emissions crap.

My local dealer was 100 % behind my purchase - told me if I could find one go for it - I just purchased the actual tractor out of state - I brought it home - had some play time with it breaking it in and now local dealer is currently doing the accessories - FEL - filling tires - cutter etc.

You ar enot the only one that did not want DPF on their tractor.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Yall can thank the world wide tree huggers for this crap,, just sayin
They are shooting themselves in the foot with DPF. I knew nothing about this process 3 months ago, now that I've actually studied it, there is NO WAY this process is better for the atmosphere. It really doesn't improve exhaust gases that much and the reduction in fuel efficiency actually makes it worse. It reminds me of number manipulation, like the old 'smog pumps' did back in the day. It makes your numbers look better at the expense of fuel economy.

Someone explain how that is better for the air we breathe...

ajsauto

Nov 6, 2014
Manheim,PA,USA
They are shooting themselves in the foot with DPF. I knew nothing about this process 3 months ago, now that I've actually studied it, there is NO WAY this process is better for the atmosphere. It really doesn't improve exhaust gases that much and the reduction in fuel efficiency actually makes it worse. It reminds me of number manipulation, like the old 'smog pumps' did back in the day. It makes your numbers look better at the expense of fuel economy.

Someone explain how that is better for the air we breathe...
I have decided not to purchase a new tractor. I found a mint condition 2010 B3030 with only 150 hours, and bought it. This DPF issues is going to be a mess. I work long hours and the last thing I needed was to come home this winter to snowblow my drive way and the tractor shut down in the middle with no way to move it. Due to a DPF issue.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
I wanted an L3200 - I wanted a new tractor - it's a once in a lifetime purchase for a guy in my 60's

Dealer of course only had the newer L3301 with all the new emissions crapola on it. I looked wide and far - went 700 miles to purchase an L4600 because it was all I could find without the new emissions crap.

My local dealer was 100 % behind my purchase - told me if I could find one go for it - I just purchased the actual tractor out of state - I brought it home - had some play time with it breaking it in and now local dealer is currently doing the accessories - FEL - filling tires - cutter etc.

You ar enot the only one that did not want DPF on their tractor.
Almost 2 months since you posted this and the L4600's are getting even more scarce now. I decided to shop and buy a tractor over my shut down this christmas season and I got lucky and found an L4600 with the 764 FEL and R1 Ag's at my most local dealer for a fair price. I am waiting for delivery and my only regret is not getting a MX4700 a year ago when I was also thinking but did not want to pull the trigger. A new land purchase has pushed me over the edge now.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Does anyone know if Kubota has fixed the DPF issues with this tractor? Anybody owning this cab style tractor have you had any issues with the DPF? I really like this tractor, but not happy with the DPF system. My main concern is the 63" front snowblower, I don't think the 2650 has enough power for it. This is why I was looking at the B3350. I know where a mint condition B3030 is but it's not set up with what I need.
When I brought my L3901DT the dealer was telling me that when Kubota first started putting DPF on the tractors the user had to press a button to tell the tractor to do a regen, but the newer tractors do auto regens. On my tractor there is a button to tell the tractor not to do a regen and one to tell it to regen. He told me that they had a customer that didn't understand and didn't do the regen and it won't regen with the button, they had to connect a computer to it to fix the problem. He also told me that they have a fix to the problem, they replace the ECU and some other things. Is this the problem you are talking about?

I have a 2010 VW Jetta diesel that has a DPF on it and I haven't had any problems with it. I have 162,xxx miles on the car.

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Have 90 hours on this tractor. Purchased 5/2014. Has regenerated 3 times, all took place according to manual.
With the weather cooling off next regen may take place soon.
Yes ,the auto regen button should be on as soon as the tractor is started & then rpm's may needed to be increased per an indicator symbol.
I did try to find a pre Tier 4 tractor and in this size of tractor with a cab. Found one in MI and dealer was asking over market price for it.
Anyway, technology changes & clean diesel is here to stay. Whether we like it or not. I am certainly hoping that Kubota has this system perfected !
Fuel usage is .6 gal per hour in mixed usage. I keep rpm's in 1800-1900 all the time when not running pto.
Have a nephew that is a merchant marine on the Great Lakes freighters, engine room mechanic. Showed him the Kubota over Thanksgiving. He got real interested on this being Tier 4. Said one of the shipping lines are going to start converting to Tier 4 starting in 2015! Imagine the cost per engine on that conversion!!!
Happy Holidays !

shredhawk

Equipment
B3350 tractor,snowblower, bucket
Jan 26, 2015
Ohio, USA
I too have a B3350 tractor and it only has 17 hours on it. It has regenerated once already and started to do it again today and I shut it off. Do you think I screwed it up. I have learned alot on this site so far and from now on the auto regen will be on.

RPierce

Equipment
Loader, mowing
Oct 30, 2014
Elk City, Ok
I purchased a B3350 cab model in the fall 2014. I have always ran the tractor in Auto Regen mode but found out that doesn't always work. After 10 hours of mowing the regen light came on and flashed. I continued to work since it was in Auto Mode but after another 10 minutes or so the tractor shut down and would not restart. I walked the 3/4 mile back to my house and went back for the tractor with my truck and got the tractor started after it cooled down. Kubota definitely has an issue with this model of tractor and I hope they find a fix soon. I have asked the dealer about a recall and they told me that Kubota was fixing these issues in stages and that the fix for the B series was not available yet. That was December 2014. If anyone has heard of a fix I would love to hear about it.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yes there is a recall and repair. New thermostat and reprogram computer. See thread by johnstone in Repair and Maintenance. Hope you can get yours fixed soon.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I too have a B3350 tractor and it only has 17 hours on it. It has regenerated once already and started to do it again today and I shut it off. Do you think I screwed it up. I have learned alot on this site so far and from now on the auto regen will be on.
Not sure if yours works the same as the 3560's, but if it was just blinking to let you know it was time it should be ok. Check your owner's manual to see how to proceed the next time you start it up. Since it is still under warranty, call the dealer if it doesn't go easily into regeneration.

shredhawk

Equipment
B3350 tractor,snowblower, bucket
Jan 26, 2015
Ohio, USA
Thanks again sheepfarmer. I did contact the dealer and he said they had kits to fix this problem Kubota has. He put me on the repair list so we will wait and see what happens!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Thanks again sheepfarmer. I did contact the dealer and he said they had kits to fix this problem Kubota has. He put me on the repair list so we will wait and see what happens!
Any news on your update? I just had a problem very similar to yours. New 3350, 17.5 hours, regen light flashes, I raise rpm, tractor stalls, wouldn't start, dealer coming to pick it up in a few days.

joes

Nov 22, 2015
pa
Hey NEPA guy, where did you buy yours. I just ordered a b2650 and I live in Shavertown.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Tier 4 on off road vehicles..... What a world...

I would jump at Kubota %0 tight now, but all the machines I want are Tier 4. Ill just save up and hit up Fastline or Tractorhouse next spring for low hour Tier 3.

Ive watched "emissions controls" ruin 3 company trucks. No thanks....