Box Blade Hitch Receiver

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I've been looking for an easy way to add a 2" receiver to my Gannon to pull stuff with either a 1" pin or a ball hitch. I ran across this step bumper hitch at Harbor Freight. (pic #1) With sale price & coupon, it was $16. Machined a lot of the large flange away & drilled a couple of 1/2" holes for mounting. (pic#2) Made a backing plate, beveled the edges so it wouldn't resist the flow of dirt or trap any on the top edge. (pic#3)

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Re: Biox blade Hitch Receiver

These next pics show it mounted. I shortened the "stinger" in this case, but it will take any standard two-incher.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

Sorry for the typo in the title, (can't edit) my box blade is NOT bionic, but maybe my fat fingers should be.:rolleyes:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Excellent job! :cool:
I'm getting ready to do the same to my blade so I don't have to pull it off just to move a trailer around.

Hfrs7

Equipment
Grand L 6060 --- ZD 326
Nov 2, 2014
Alabama

I took a 2" receiver tube and a piece of scrap steel, cut a hole in the box blade to fit and welded everything. Works great and the load it distributed even so I don't bend my box blade.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

Excellent job -both of you.

I am going to do the same thing to a 3-point mount I bought. I need a "shelf" on my 3-point I can carry my spray rig on. I figured adding a receiver mount to the top of 3-point frame would let me stick in one of those nifty aluminum hitch frames. That would hold my rig nicely and I could use the frame to haul a welder or generator should the need arise.

When I get dug out of this never-ending remodel and get my shop done enough to do fun jobs, I'll post pictures.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA

I did mine similar to Hfrs7, I cut a hole and welded a stick of receiver tubing in there. Very handy. I use it all the time.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

MAN! I coulda used this yesterday!!

Needed to pull my little trailer but my box scraper was on...

May have to modify my scraper!!!

:)

PS... WallyMart has a 2" "converter that is about 6" long and is just a 2" box tube with a hole in it. For guys wanting to just weld in a small receiver receptacle for light duty stuff, kind of like hfrs7 did, this would be outstanding and its under $10.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Look around on garbage days,,, I picked up a whole tow hitch laying out by the curb,,, yes I knocked on the door and asked if I could have it,, the old gal said her hubbie passed away and she was cleaning out the garage and if I was interested I could look and see what else I wanted I could have it,,,, nuts bolts nails wrenches, hammers, tools,, I offered to buy the compound miter saw and table saw, she no just get it all out so she could park her car in the garage,,, yes I came home heavy that day

• Love
Reactions: 1 user