B2620 LED Headlights

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I did a simple customization to my B2620, I put in some LED bulbs in the head lights, just a simple bulb change, but it made a difference.

The stock bulbs are 23watt 1073 incandescent bulbs and really aren't that bright. I don't really have a huge need to headlights right now, but will need them more when I'm plowing snow.

The 1073 bulbs are supposed to have a initial lumen rating of 402.

I didn't want to have to change out the light sockets, run new wiring, or modify the headlights to fit a different type of bulb etc so I stuck with a ba15s sized socket on the LED bulbs.

Of coarse there are about 10 million different LED bulbs out there, I tried to get the brightest bulbs I could without them costing an arm and a leg. I'm sure there are some brighter, cheaper, or better bulbs out there, but these guys are what I came across.

Here is the link to the bulbs on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KL7T3WI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I've seen the same bulbs on several LED bulb sites also, but I was already placing an order on amazon so I got those guys. Shipping was quick, packaging was good, and both bulbs work.

They were about the highest wattage and lumen rating I could find without costing an arm and a leg at 7.5 watts each, and 800-1200 lumen? It can be tricking comparing bulbs sometimes, as some of them look like a higher wattage, but they are really listing equivalent wattage of an incident bulb, etc... And some just seem like really inflated lumen ratings too. Also hard to judge the quality and trust the description when most of them come from china.....

Here is a picture of them on my workbench:

And the B2620 with its new yellow eyes:

A close up:

Powered up, and they run cooler than the stock bulbs so I don't need to worry about melting the headlight:

And both of them:

This is the stock headlights, about 20' from the back wall of my garage:

And here are the new LED headlights, also about 20' from the back wall:

In the garage there seems to be quite a bit of difference between the two, I'm happy with them for only $8.50, we'll see how they hold up. It will be interesting to see what they look like outside some night when its not raining.

I may put a set of LED work lights on eventually, but I probably don't really need them since I have 2 sets of flood lights and 2 sets of porch lights the light our driveway up pretty good......

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Those look really neat, and I can tell a difference in the pictures you posted. Great job! I wonder if that is the same bulb as what would be in my L3200?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Those look really neat, and I can tell a difference in the pictures you posted. Great job! I wonder if that is the same bulb as what would be in my L3200?
Thanks, pull one of the bulbs out and look at the base, if it has a single contact point on the bottom and two pins on the sides directly across from each other they should be the ba15s bulb base. If nothing else get the number off of the bulb and we'll figure out what kind of base it has......

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Do you have a dim and bright position on your switch? I'm wondering if they would be any brighter on the bright position?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Nope, just on or off, and the bulbs were single filament.

I thought about upgrading the sockets from ba15s to ba15d sockets and see if I could find some brighter LED's with dual intensity. I figured I could have them on the low setting all the time as running lights, and use the headlight switch for the bright setting.

I didn't really want to spend the time or money to get different sockets to fit, or start hacking up the headlights......

Do you have a dim and bright position on your switch? I'm wondering if they would be any brighter on the bright position?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Yes, if anyone is wanting to upgrade their lights be sure to pull out a bulb and get the number off of it and find out what kind of base it has on it.

It would also be a good idea to get the wattage off of it and make sure you don't go above that without making sure the wiring will carry the power.......

Won't work on a '14 bx 2670, it has push in sockets. Ck before you buy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
ipz2222,
Do you have bulb bases like these?
I got these LED's off of EBay for $2 if I remember right.
They are super bright and only 7.5 watt draw.

Attachments

Last edited: