L3710 Hydrastatic Fluid change

Chevelle

Equipment
2002 L3710,blower,backblade,FEL,forks,homemade plow,homemade weight box
I'm gonna change the hydrastatic fluid in my 2002 L3710for the first time in a couple of days.Does anyone have some tips or know of some stuff to watch out for.Only had this tractor for a few weeks but know from previous owner that this needs to be done.Thanks in advance.........

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm gonna change the hydrastatic fluid in my 2002 L3710for the first time in a couple of days.Does anyone have some tips or know of some stuff to watch out for.Only had this tractor for a few weeks but know from previous owner that this needs to be done.Thanks in advance.........

They will come...............;)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Do you have the manual? My brother in law has a L3010 and it has 2 hydralic filters on it. haven't been able to find out what each one is for yet. You need a very large pan. Some of these tractors hold gallons, not quarts.

Chevelle

Equipment
Do you have the manual? My brother in law has a L3010 and it has 2 hydralic filters on it. haven't been able to find out what each one is for yet. You need a very large pan. Some of these tractors hold gallons, not quarts.
Yup....have the 2 filters and 10 gallons of fluid......I think the manual shows either 3 or 5 drain plugs.....does anyone know? Thanks guys....

rayc

Equipment
kubota L4310 hstc
Apr 26, 2011
prince township , ontario, canada
When i changed my hydraulic oil i went to super udt2 and what a difference in smoother running and quiter also. No more hydrostatic whine. As for draining the fluid i left all filters on and fill cap on tight. Pulled one of the main plugs and it drains quite slow, and when the pail got nearly full it was easy to put the plug in to get another pail. There were only 4 plugs Two on the main housing and one on each rear end housing. ray

Chevelle

Equipment
When i changed my hydraulic oil i went to super udt2 and what a difference in smoother running and quiter also. No more hydrostatic whine. As for draining the fluid i left all filters on and fill cap on tight. Pulled one of the main plugs and it drains quite slow, and when the pail got nearly full it was easy to put the plug in to get another pail. There were only 4 plugs Two on the main housing and one on each rear end housing. ray
Thanks Ray,helpfull advice......

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
one filter was $38.93 and the other was $74.40 right from Kubota....all in it was a $300.00 oil change but I should be good for a while and it was not too bad to do.......
$300? Ouch!

Sounds like an opportunity to find a less expensive solution for an aftermarket company out there.

bjmsam

Equipment
L3710 HST, G1900-S
Feb 19, 2010
Mount Airy, MD
The HYDRAULIC PIPE [HST TYPE] section of the parts catalog for my L3710 depicts part 030 as 54516-36560 FILTER, which the manual recommends rinsing when replacing the hydraulic fluid and filters during the 200 hour service. Presumably, this is what's described here: Hydraulic Filter Suction Screens – Everything You Wanted to Know. I located the bolt on the right side near the suction filter but access appears to be obstructed by the HST pedal linkages. Any suggestions as I prepare to tackle the job?

bjmsam

Equipment
L3710 HST, G1900-S
Feb 19, 2010
Mount Airy, MD
Just to follow up... removing the spring from that HST pedal lever and the front cotter pin from the rod beneath it allowed both to be repositioned for easy access to the filter screen, which slid out looking clean after 200 hours at 2355 hours total.

Also, the hydraulic oil gauge "sight glass" at rear fell apart in my hand as I wiped it off before refilling. It was straighrtforward to extract and replace with a new one (after removing the PTO shield for better access), and I'm glad to have discovered that problem now as such a failure most likely wold go unnoticed while using the tractor.