Tire Chains for L3800 with R4's

Vt. Bear

Equipment
L3800HST,Loader.Backhoe,Landpride grapple bucket, Countyline tiller
Mar 22, 2014
Belmont Vt,USA
Looking for recommendations on which chains work best, are the best buy, and where to buy them online.

Are wheel spacers needed to install the chains? What width of spacers?

Want to keep the tractor width as narrow as possible to accept the chains.

Appreciate any advise. Plan on moving lots of snow on a gravel road and driveway in the mountains of Vermont next winter.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Kubota says you need spacers. They sell a set that are just a touch under 1" width per wheel, so I would imagine they would work, and be about the narrowest you would want. Cost upwards of $300 for the set.
You can search for "Kubota wheel spacers" on EBAY and come up with other options. I bought from thetrackscompany.com, got 2.5" per wheel, and am delighted.
I used regular automotive ladder chains on the front tires, and tractor ladder chains (2 link) on the rear, and was well satisfied. I had the fronts lying around from before tire studs became popular, and got the rears from Les Schwab tire company.
Best of luck to you!

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I am in the process of researching/educating myself for the purchase of wheel spacers/snow chains before the winter starts. I have a gravel drive way around 200 yards long that has an increasing incline up to the main hard road. I keep my tractor in my work shop that requires me to drive across the back portion of my yard to driveway. I don't want to tear up my concrete floor in workshop and have an area along side of yard that I'm not concerned with as far a tractor tire/chain damage. Looking at 3" wheel spacers and 3/8 cross chain ladder chain. Does this sound about right for my L3800? I have R4 tires on my tractor. Thanks OTT gang...PWM3rd:)