retrofit front protection bar/winch base/towing point.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all,
i have been out in the garage again using up some spare steel offcuts to fabriacate a retro fit front protection bar setup for fitment to my B8200.

Purchased for a low price a new and unused front protection bar from a much bigger kubota with a view to modify it for fitting to my B8200, and so far things have progressed according to plans.:)

Had to do some pretty radical cutting and re-welding to get it to down to a better size more suited to my fitment, but nothing a few hours with a disc grinder and arc welder could'nt handle.;)

i wanted to be able to fix my winch to it and a towing eye, so, a bit more fabricating was required:eek:;)

so then here is where i am upto with it.
all fabricating done, stage 1 of the prep is done, it all fits spot on and is a good size for the b8200.
I have also added a pair of suitacase weight mounting brackets on it either side at the bottom, i have a pair of 25kg weights combined with the 40kg of the protection bar , thats 100kg of front weight without any wheel weights so i think thats about right;):).

Its quite a heavy item without any weights or the other kit fitted so aswell as fixing it by the 4 mounting bolts on the face plate, i have also added mounting plates on each side so as to keep it all strong and spread the load around the sides of the tractor front subframe also, allways best to have a bit of extra capacity....

sanded and primed prior to some top coats of matching b8200 orange:cool:

will update as progress continues.

first 2 pics are as left kubota, second block are after intial fitting etc, and 3 rd set are after fabriaction and primed ready for to coat.
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
i'm thinking about extra lighting on the front, and now would be a good time to be welding on any lugs and brackets before i get the top coat out.

A lot of you guys use LED's but i havent had much hands on use of them as far, any recommemdations on specific types and extra's i may need.
I am thinking a pair of round lamps to fit behind the top section infront of the radiator cover, something sized around the 4" -5" dia .

any thoughts and input would be good.

rob

Last edited: