kubota info, OK , but then dont ask everyone else the same....

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
kubota info

as in the title really guys, and yes i am having a moan:mad:

If have no problems offering info to anyone if it helps them out, i'm allways doing it especially manual data, but please, dont ask me for info which i supply then go and ask everyone else for the same data that i just supplied, it just wastes my time :(
i just fail to see the point of it.....

moan over ...
rob

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I'm an easy going person, will go out of my way to help anyone, whenever or what ever.
If it seems i am being rash about this then albeit, i just get really anoyed sometimes when this happens....maybe its just me, but i dont think i am alone.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Brother I feel your pain. I rarely post anymore as I was burned out replying with facts and then being challenged or ignored because the proper answer did not "suit" the question posters mindset. IE it was NOT what he or she wanted to hear.

So they keep asking until someone gives a answer that they want, ignorant of the facts or not.

Oh well,

David

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Your not alone Rob, I agree with you 100%.
I'm not on here as much for just such reason.

How's your B6100, 7100 club doing?

Big Kahuna

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Brother I feel your pain. I rarely post anymore as I was burned out replying with facts and then being challenged or ignored because the proper answer did not "suit" the question posters mindset. IE it was NOT what he or she wanted to hear.

So they keep asking until someone gives a answer that they want, ignorant of the facts or not.

Oh well,

David
Exactly, I have posted and been talked down to and such and do not waste time posting any more. It is not limited to this forum. I use forums for entertainment and info and don't worry about posting as there are more intelligent folks that can do that.

Kurtee

OOPS I wasted my time posting.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I admittedly may be/probably am missing something, but not every bit of information some provides is universally true, so maybe a second can be useful.

I remember a discussion on turbos and the M7040, one guy said they had them another said they didn't; who was right?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Exactly, I have posted and been talked down to and such and do not waste time posting any more. It is not limited to this forum. I use forums for entertainment and info and don't worry about posting as there are more intelligent folks that can do that....
I agree with you. Another forum I am on some for a different subject, have people that feel there way is the only way and if you don't do it you are wrong and shouldn't be on "their" site. Some items need more than one opinion, but other things are cut and dry answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
I know I am new to this forum and ask a lot of questions some of them over and over but trust me when I say its only because I don't understand the answer or don't want to make a $$$$$$ big mistake. I really appreciate all the help I get as a new first time tractor owner:) sometimes I look for information to try to figure out what to do and as already stated you do not get the same answers so if you dont know you have to try to figure it out.
Thank you to all that do post and keep it up.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have run into the same thing on other forums, but usually, if I call the offender out, they either apologize, or other posters join in, chastising the guilty party. Sometimes the offender doesn't fully read or understand the original advice, and doesn't realize how he comes off when he asks the same question again. I'm not defending this behavior, but I don't want to lose valuable input from knowledgeable, experienced members.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My approach is to let others reply to the stuff that seems like readily available, common, or hotly debatable topics. I only respond to the questions that seem pretty specific and relate to stuff I have relevant experience with. Generally those folks seem more appreciative of input.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
As with anything else in life, you ask 10 different people the same question you'll get 10 different answers. Around here its just worse because 30-40 people can chime in and give their answers.

You can't hold everybody's hand and teach them right from wrong all you can do is offer advice, what they do with it is up to them.

Don't let it get to you, its the internet and not worth it sometimes.

There's been plenty of times I know I've been in a heated debate trying to prove my point, if I'm wrong and proven I'm wrong then I try to apologise where necessary. Often times I'm like fuckit I'm out... I tired and they still don't want to listen.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I have been on both sides of this issue. So I have been the cause of your pain and have been where you are.

In 2008 all I knew about tractors were they had 4 wheel and have a few levers and knobs that made things do something. I really had no idea what I was doing all I knew was that I wanted a small tractor that would do things around the property and be a point of mental therapy (for some of you who doesn't know I HAD Leukemia) so I wouldn't go bat poop crazy with boredom during my treatments. I asked a lot of questions sometimes several times over so that I could get it straight in my mind so that I didn't FUBAR my BBT Big Beautiful Tractor or Toy (BX24).

I have learned you don't ask about Oil and Lube products because folks are very passionate about what they use.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Exactly, I have posted and been talked down to and such and do not waste time posting any more. It is not limited to this forum. I use forums for entertainment and info and don't worry about posting as there are more intelligent folks that can do that.
Agreed! I have been on other forums, some for almost ten years and have tapered down my reply's due to various reasons.

I have had numerous occasions where I have spent considerable amount of time attaching electrical drawings and then explaining in detail how a system works only to either never hear from the OP again or someone else puts in a lame solution.

Then there are the know it all's that have to reply to every post where anyone who knows anything about the topic knows they are blowing wind. I often wonder if some people post just to get their numbers up.

Then there are the groups of posters on the forums that only seem to respond or address others in their little group and ignore any posts from others. I have frequently posted where someone else in their group has posted later the same similar solution and the OP only responds to theirs.

One real problem is that there is no way of really knowing the expertise of the person responding to a question where generally in real person to person communication one has some idea. Because of this if the person asking the question has very limited technical knowledge they will take any response as a possible solution.

This is sad in a way since all this defeats the real purpose of these forums in the first place which is to assist others in enjoying and repairing whatever the forum is about.

The above only reflects what I have experienced on other forums and in no way to what I have found on this forum as I have only recently joined.

This is no different than what most people experience in the workplace. I would be talking to an office worker when a third person would come over to ask me a technical question about a problem they were having. This office worker would take over the conversation and since he had the "gift of the gab" was believable to the person asking the question. I would usually just walk away.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
WOW! I debated weather or not to post on this thread. Like most that have responded, I belong to other forums and over time have become jaded by the responses from others. When you have done something more than once and saved hundreds, even thousands of $$ only to be trashed by others you loose all interest in even trying to help.

I am not a mechanic nor do I profess to be one. The BX I do not have any experience with. The Bs, only from the mid 80's and that was just operating, they were maintained by someone else.

Before I go off on a three page tangent about this I will leave it alone and crawl back in my cave.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like has been said I also have been on both sides of the issue, and some guys talk be cause they love to hear them selves talk and really don't know squat about the subject.
If you have the gift of knowledge it is your duty to share it with those that haven't a clue about so many things, like my self. I know a little about a lot of things but a lot about not much.
And your right there are those that will ask the same question over and over until they get the answer THEY want, I worked with a guy like that, but the law is black and white and not open to interpolation. SO I wish to thank those who have given answers. It's a learning curve and thus we must all be vigilant in bringing those that don't know through that curve,, though some never make it I will admit

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Don't get too bent out of shape guys. You're even supposed to get second opinions from doctors. There are rarely clear-cut answers, just strong opinions. I'm certainly not going to ask what fluid to use here. As an engineer, I'd like to think that I look at things based on facts. That said, I rarely know all the items that lead to a particular recommendation. Ask for input, make a decision. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: 1 user

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
would have been nice for a reply to a posting.....never got one to the last one :( but i do find that with most forums.
Don't give up hope just yet. Your post might have gotten lost in the shuffle and buried under other popular posts OR someone just does not know an answer for you.

Sometimes kinda bump the post back to the top in a round about way and get it noticed.