B2150 dual clutch(?) setup

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
This is another of my dual clutch questions.

The service manual suggests that setup of the dual clutch assembly stack must be accomplished using a special setup table/fixture. Apparently references are measured from fixture features, and if that is correct, makes setup without the table (or alternate procedure) pretty much impossible.

So, does anyone have actual experience with replacing the 2 stage clutch? Am I stuck with finding someone who owns this (certainly stupid expensive) Kubota tool? If I go with the local dealer, I'm sure they won't allow me to provide parts, which means another $300 more above the ebay price (with associated risk I suppose) just in parts. And from past experience, I would be surprised if they refuse to do the setup as a separate job, so that means another $1k or so (estimated, need to call) for them to do the swap.

Why oh why can't this just be the simple single clutch. If it were, I would probably already have swapped it...

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
All I have done so far is adjust mine so I'm no help.

If I remember correct when I inquired about clutch replacement my dealer said around $1k parts and labor.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just checked with the local Kubota shop, and the unofficial guestimate is $2500 to $3000 for the complete job. On the up side, the service guy did agree to setup the clutch stack for me for just shop rate. So that may be the way I'll be going.

olthumpa:
Thanks for the link. I'll have to spend some time reading over it. I saw it before, but it didn't look like anything I could contribute on, and it never crossed my mind that it included a dual clutch setup discussion, so had never looked at it.

Now back to refurbing the outside of this "fixer-upper" house while the weather holds...

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for asking, but nothing good to report.

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather (clear blue skies, highs in 70s) to get some outside house refurbish and paint done. Add in other random issues to deal with, holidays, family, never seems to be enough time to get back to it.

Last weekend I did use the little fellow, my B7100, to do some box work as to avoid potential further damage to the B2150 until I can play with adjustments further. Looks like I've got the crud going around, but if I feel up to it, I'll probably run the B7100 again this weekend just to get the grade work before the weather does turn on me. The little guy is slow, but trundles right on and gets the job done very well, plus fits in tighter space, so all is good, makes me glad I didn't push harder to sell it (mainly because I never did get a deal on a hood to go through).

Anyway, I'm not expecting much good from the adjustments. If I understand right, it looks like it really only affects the secondary PTO clutch, and my travel clutch is what's slipping.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
If you look at the parts diagram for your clutch, part # 240 on diagram,(KIT, BOLT NUT), this can be adjusted to get more clutch peddle free play. This was part of the problem I had to solve to get my new clutch to work.

To access these bolts to adjust them you have to unbolt the steering column and anything necessary to accomplish that. (If you have to replace the whole clutch assembly, you will have to do this any ways e so nothing lost in trying.)

Mark the head of the bolt with a sharpy , or what ever you have, loosen the lock nuts and turn all three bolts in 1 complete turn, check free play on clutch peddle. If not enough free play, turn all three bolts in 1 more complete turn and check again. No guaranty that this will work but worth trying.