Descanso1

descanso1

Equipment
b7800, rtv
Dec 23, 2013
descanso, ca(southern Ca.)
Old guy, new to me older tractor b7800

Hi everyone, I have just joined, although I have owned several kubotas, and a case tractor, I currently own a Kubota RTV and have just acquired a Kubota b7800 with hydrastatic transmission and front loader. Which I am currently modifying to what I want. I have purchased and sold several tractors in the last several months, ranging from a 20 hp Kubota to a Grand l3940 (what a tractor) to large for my needs, trying to find the one that best fits my needs. Finally settled on the B7800, 30 hp, I choose it because it is a basic tractor, no smog, no electronics (less to go wrong), great power to weight ratio, and it fits my needs. Since purchasing it used with about 200 hours on it I have been modifying it to what I want, I have reinforced the top edge of the bucket, added chain hooks, installed a shield over the hydraulic lines behind the bucket, changed the seat to a suspension seat, added a cup holder (coffee in the mornin, beer a little late), moved tool box, added an additional tool box, added work lights front and back and am in the processes of adding top and tilt, with the assistance of Brian from Fit Rite Hydraulics , http://fitritehydraulics.com/ , He is great to work with and a wealth of knowledge (highly recommend). When I am finished with the hydraulics I will have the right tractor to fit my needs.......

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to the orange it sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you want and need,, oh and one more thing pictures my friend pictures,, we are a visual bunch in here:D