Kubota Blue/Gray Paint code - XO Rust

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
I have had some pm's and emails on the paint I had mixed for the 70-80's Blue/gray and figured I'd just share it with anyone who cared to use it.

XO Rust makes a professional grade paint as well as good quality Prosumer product. I used this on the B6000e featured in Mr. K's lead article on new Kubota owners of used tractors. I attached a pic here if you need to see the color rendition. Add a little acrylic hardener in the mix to get the longevity and depth. 1st tractor done this way spent 5 years in the outdoors without a cover and was still shiny when it sold.
XO Rust
Neutral Base 1 quart values

Ingredient Formula
D 0Y 35.50
E 2Y 36.00
I 0Y 21.00
KX 0Y 3.50

Attachments

Last edited:

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
So did you use their professional grade or the prosumer stuff? Sorry, wasn't sure from your message.
What about the orange for that same time period? Got a formula for that one?

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
So did you use their professional grade or the prosumer stuff? Sorry, wasn't sure from your message.
What about the orange for that same time period? Got a formula for that one?
I have used both prosumer and Pro with not much difference to the average user.

On the Orange: Not as hard to find good grades of it.
The Valspar paint from TSC, Orscheln, Farm supply specialty companies has a good blend of Kubota #1 and #2 Orange. Look around and try to find the Restoration Grade. Top Shelf for aftermarket consumer Enamel. I always buy the premium or Restoration Grade and add the hardener for depth and gloss. The hardener has been a definite enhancement to the end product. For those looking for more parade grade Valspar makes a clear coat to go over acrylic enamels. I have only completed one unit with this product and can not give any testimonials as yet to its longevity.

Again there are several threads here talking about users tractors and the need for a working grade paint or museum quality. Believe me I have done some jobs for for guys that wanted great looking units and then they bring the tractor to me prepped and ready for final coats and the primer and body work is the whole base of the job so "WYSIWYG". What you see (prepped) is what you get when its done. Most of the guys settle for a grade or two under parade. Makes sense to those working tractors and users that want a rig to do what they need to and not look like its been put away wet every other time. Nothing wrong with a rattle can job either (done a couple as well) I just spend a good amount of time with strip and paint or smooth and paint. Its same paint in a different tool. Some people can make it look just as good as the guy with a $1000 gun. Just depends on who pulls the trigger.