Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Red face loader control valve malfunction

Cabin fever has set in... for sure! And this gives me too much time to think.

I have a loader control valve (the original OEM) that after I got the connection lines wrong only once and tried to move the bucket seems to have damaged the valve.

Here is what it does... the valve works perfectly in all functions EXCEPT when I pull the lever back to raise the bucket.

The bucket will raise if I only pull the lever back 1/3 or less the distance of the lever backwards travel. If I pull the lever beyond that "magic" one third of the travel distance the bucket stops raising and remains at that point until return the lever to within the first 1/3 of the travel capability.

I knew better than to tackle the vlave myself so I took it to one of the best hydraulic shops in Chester County, PA. They bench tested it and said it seemed fine to them. Put it back on and it does the same thing.

First any idea as to what I may have done to the valve? Can a HUSCO unit be repaired?

I got a valve off ebay as a replacement for now however... I am not certaing what that valve was used on origfinally. I seems to work ok but it does not cleanly go back to neutral position upon release like my original Husco valve.

I sure would like some input on this one... Thanks, Butch
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Joshua Zahn
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L275
Default Re: loader control valve malfunction

Hey Butch,
This doesn't help but whose your hydraulic shop? I've only ever used Benz in New Castle, but that's kind of a hike from home.

Josh
Joshua Zahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Service Dept Vic

Equipment: B-5000

Husco units can be rebuilt, but I think your problem may be that the control valve is loaded with a regenerative or pilot operated check valve assembly on the "lift" spool side of the control.

Husco units can be ordered up with a wide variety of optional spool valves and cartridges, that while the block looks the same, the unit performs differently.

You need to identify the model of control valve that you have, and check Huscos online catalog to see how that loader control is "spec'd" out.

Try them here:

http://www.huscointl.com/literatureDownloads/index.aspx

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator

Thanks Vic... I will check it out. Butch
Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Hey guys I did contact HUSCO directly.

The valve is a priority valve configuration and HUSCO will not even talk to their factory reps about how they are configured. HUSCO say we must go back to Kubota for any resolution in any fix situation. I did that and the shop my Kubota dealer sent it to, who is the best in SE Pa, says there is nothing wrong in a bench test and suggest I go back to Kubota. I did again.... they suggested a new valve control at $700 +.

That is not what I wanted to hear especially for a valve that is serviceable in every other application.

Suggestions?

Butch
Old 03-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

The original quest to answer the age old question... can a Husco valve be fixed.... This is the final one floating it to the top for our new guy... Butch
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Service Dept Vic

Butch, take a look and see what series of Husco stick you have on the B 2410. There should be a tag riveted to it somewhere.

Kubota lists all the spools and repair parts for those controls, so I don't see why you couldn't get the part you need.

The valve identifer tag will tell me whether you have a model B2006 or 2007 Husco and I can then upload a parts schematic.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Vic.... 9210 B1A

Both the dealer and Husco said the valve was proprietary... I hit a stone wall. My heas still hurts.... Butch

PS.... send me what you have let me match it up. I still have the contacts at Husco just in case we have to go direct to one of their wholesalers.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Service Dept Vic

Ok, here's a file on the LA272 loader fitted with a Husco Valve arrangement, shows parts for a 3 and 4 position valve (2006 or 2007 model)

Let me know if this is the correct loader on your tractor. If not, then I'll upload a different parts manual.

LA272_LOADER.pdf

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
Butch
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: loader control valve malfunction

My MAN VIC!!! That's it... that's my valve!

Any idea why two dealers and a Husco representative located in Lithicum, MD would not know the valve parts are available?

I can't wait to print the pdf file and confront the parts people AND their dealership owners as to why this was not made available to me when I requested it not once but a couple of times.

I will let you know how I make out....

Now Vic.... lets talk front drive line universals for my B2410....

I have been told you have to get the whole yoke/universal assembly as the kits for the universal is NOT available.

Maybe you can pull a rabbit out of the hat one more time,,,,

THIS SITE IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD!!! Orange gold that is....

Thanks in advance... Butch

PS... Boy that was close... in my exeurbrance and excitment I misstyped my name.... in my defence the u and i are side by side on the keyboard...

Glad I caught it before Scott.... ehhhhh!