Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
dax
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L1-R26, mower, tiller, plow, post hole digger, trailer, mechanical winch
Default Kubota common troubleshooting

Hello everyone!
Is kubota having common problems? I mean common as a brand or as series for the Kubota brand? And I mean problems like troubleshooting, something broken, common problems in the gearbox, engine, hydraulics, etc.
dax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Service Dept Vic

Equipment: B-5000
Default Re: Kubota common troubleshooting

Here in our shop, we always seem to see the same type of repairs. 9 times out of 10 It can be traced back to lack of proper maintenance.

Maintain your Kubota, change it's oils and filters per the maintenance schedule and you won't be on the back end of a repair bill for a pile of bearings that ran dry, because the seal was leaking oil. Plenty of advance notice that something was needing attention!!

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
dax
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L1-R26, mower, tiller, plow, post hole digger, trailer, mechanical winch

For instance the hour meter cable that snaps at 5 inches from the engine. Is it the lack of proper maintenance?
Mine is broken too...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Service Dept Vic

Couldn't hurt to keep it lubed up!

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:00 AM   #5
kendiverdown

Equipment: GR2100

I have a 2007 GR2100 with 101 hours. I have noticed there is a hose located under the seat that looks like it is a vent or overflow hose with a plastic valveof some kind on the end, anyway, there is transmittion fluid leaking from this hose. What should I check to find out what kinda problem I have?
Thanks
Ken
kendiverdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Service Dept Vic

Transmission may be a little full. Check level and adjust as needed.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
osut362
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9000dtc, b7500hs

m9000's...fuel guage, 2 m9000's in the neighborhood and no working fuel guage on either one....one of them is mine!...............al
osut362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Tardis

Equipment: GR2100

I have a GR2100. the glide steer cable right front to rear is broken. how do I remove the cable from the front past the power steering cylinder and frame?
any help would be appreciated thankyou
Jake
Tardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
logger

Equipment: L4200 with L680 FEL, GR2100, Woods back hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
I have a GR2100. the glide steer cable right front to rear is broken. how do I remove the cable from the front past the power steering cylinder and frame?
any help would be appreciated thankyou
Jake
You need to get the two front wheels off the ground so that the axle will swivel around the king pin. This will allow additional space on one side or the other as you swivel the axle. I have replaced two glide steer cables. The first time with the wheels on the ground and it would have been impossible if I hadn't used a pull rope attached to the old cable when I pulled it out. It still took forever the work in through. The second time I lifted the front end off the ground and had it done in five minutes. Good luck.

Logger
logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
aeroman

Equipment: GR 2100
Red face Re: Kubota common troubleshooting

Hello,

This post is directed at one of you friendly servicemen, or someone who has experienced this problem. On my rear axle, left side, the glide steer actuator (right name?) appears to have a fluid leak where the shaft enters the axle housing. I'm assuming there is a seal on the shaft leaking. Is this a common GR2100 problem? Can the seal be changed from the outside of the housing? How do I get the actuator shaft out if I can change it fom outside the axle housing etc. etc. . The leak isn't bad yet....just a couple of drops on the garage floor after each use. Thanks in advance for any help.
aeroman is offline   Reply With Quote