Adapter for car-rims

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello Friends,

I bought my Kubota and it had tires for rice-fields. So the pattern is really rough. And for the next season I have no need for this agro-tires. Especially after I have set up a new lawn at my property.
So I needed turf-tires for cutting gras and moving the trailer around. The original rims are a little bit small and so I took a ride to the local car dump.
I found some nice big "Jeep" tires and 2 rims from Audi. Back home I thought about to cut out the center of the rims and weld a steelplate with the needed holes just as a replacement. But the rim offset was to much and the new tires would rub at the chassi. So I had to make two adapters.
The Kubota has 6 screws and the Audi-rim has 5. The adapter need to have space for the 6 screws in between...

First I had to do the two sides one for 6 and one for 5 srews:

For the space between, I just used 40mm flat steel:

Checking if it fit to the axels:

And if the tires are in a good position:

I also checked the rotation and the right one was good and the left one was good enough. Only 5mm movements .

Finally I sanded them, painted some grounding and finished with dark blue:

The bolts are sunken and then welded. The nuts are long types and I have shaped them with the lathe to fit in the cones of the rim.

All togeather took me one day and 80 Euro for the tires and rims.

Nice Christmas project.

For the front wheels I will try to find 4 hole rims that fit... :cool:

carl

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Very nice Cabu. I have done much the same thing on garden tractors but definetly not as professional as yours. If it is 4 wheel drive make sure your front and rear tire size ratio's match.:cool::cool: dusty