L260 Transmission parts?

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
My L260 has an issue with reverse. It WAS bouncing out so I had to hold it in when backing up. Now it grinds and does not want to move in reverse. When it does move it makes a clicking and grinding sound. I want to fix this trans but before I take it apart I wanted to find a source for the transmisson parts. I expect at the least a reverse gear and fork. If I can find the bearing and other internal trans items I would like to do a complete overhaul.

Does anyone know where parts are available this old but great machine?

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
I was able to find the Reverse Gear for my L260 from Steen Tractor. This gear has 21 teeth and was part # 32240-23130 (see Pic). I had to separate the tractor about 5 inches to make it work. I took the 4 nuts off the upper center shaft to get to the reverse shaft retainer clip. Once I had the retaining clip off the reverse shaft I had to get enough clearance to get the gear off. I used some long bolts (see Pic) to keep everything aligned so I did not have issues going back together. New gear works GREAT!

Only other issue with this I had was the tower was binding making it hard to move between gears. I pulled back the rubber gasket and put a little oil on it and it moves very easy now. This is old tractor is easy to shift now.

Attachments

Last edited: