Anyone Heard of A New BX70-1

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
Its suppose to have a narrower ROPS that folds more compact
And a thicker floor mat.

If so I would be interested in the new ROPS for mine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm finding nothing on this model, just the 70 series which the BX25D is in???

Where did you see it, as Kubota doesn't have anything on there site about it.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
I'm finding nothing on this model, just the 70 series which the BX25D is in???

Where did you see it, as Kubota doesn't have anything on there site about it.

I read about it on my tractor forum, then I went to the parts manual and they offer either a BX2370 or a BX2370-1 pictured the left is the BX2370-1 and the right is a BX2370

BX2370-1.JPG BX2370.JPG

Last edited:

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Yup, heard a radio add as well.

It never mentioned a BX70 model. It did however come see the new BX 70 series, which is in line with the previous advertising where they mentioned the new 50 series, the new 60 series, etc.

I guess the nuance is understanding the difference between a particular model of tractor and that of a series of tractors.

David

chucky79

Equipment
BX25D, B7100 Restoration project with a B219 loader and B670 backhoe
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
I got the new bx2370-1 this week. the ROPS's is narrow (same profile as the 60 series) but its as tall as the original wider 70 series ROPS. It also folds all the way back flat against itself unlike the first folding version that just folds back less than 90 degrees. They also added a thicker, textured floor mat with the Kubota logo on it. I think they are nice improvements and I posted side by side comparisons here if you want to go look.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=5470418#post5470418

I for one am considering finding me a bx2360 fixed roll bar and replacing mine because its 17 inches shorter and I hate getting up to fold and un fold repeatedly to get around my tree's, utility pole guywires, and clothes lines but dont want to get in an unsafe habit of just leaving it folded. Just need to see if the dealer will do the swap for me.

Last edited:

davidwarner63

Equipment
BX1850, 54"mmm, FEL...Bx25D TLB, QA PF, Rear SB
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
Just need to see if the dealer will do the swap for me.

Why would you need the dealer to do the swap? I take the ROPS off my BX1850 every year during the mowing season to allow for better clearance and reduce the weight. For me it's only four nuts on each side, pull the ROPS off and reinstall the nuts. I put it pack on for winter because I have some lights installed on it. My terrain is flat and I don't see much risk of a roll over.

Perhaps other models are more complicated or are there legal implications with removing the ROPS?

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
Went to the dealer today and looked at the new 1870-1. The Rops bar is not as wide as mine (2013) model. It goes straight up from it mounting points. The floor mat is nice and thicker than the old style so I ordered one while I was there. $139.50 the dealer is calling Kubota to find out if the Rops can be ordered to replace the old style but he thinks they require him to send in a damaged one, will let you know when he finds out. Also going to order a WR long cutting edge for bucket, as I have a lot of wear from asphalt from snow removal, factory cutting edge is very soft apparently.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I take the ROPS off my BX1850 every year. or are there legal implications with removing the ROPS?
I'm betting I won't change your mind, but maybe I will to the 10 other people that read it:

First time a Wife, Friend, Child, Grandchild, Cousin, Neighbor, FIL, or Other come along and jump on the tractor and take it for a test spin, climb up this or that and roll it over and injure or kill themselves or someone else, you'll wish you hadn't removed it!
The life you may be taking might not be yours! ;)
Any lawyer would have a heyday finding that fact out!
It makes you 100% liable and negligent for their injuries or death!
No amount of insurance will save you.

It's just a 1000% bad idea to remove safety equipment on a tractor, that 20lbs of weight that you remove pulling the ROPS doesn't do anything for you besides maybe reduce the traction on the rear tires.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your right NIW I have investigated a lot of roll overs, and in every case where the ROPS had been removed or modified the Ins company WOULD NOT PAY OUT, even after court battles.
Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances like every one else
,,,, me,,,
I like to hedge my bets a little on the safe side. My ROPS is a PIA but I will not take it off. One body bag because it has been taken off is one too many. Just my humble opinion

davidwarner63

Equipment
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
Removing the ROPS also makes it easier to pass under the laundry line and avoid branches (and no, I don't want to cut my branches shorter). Tell me, umm...how many people override safety switches on everything from lawnmowers to heavy equipment. What a worry-wort society we live in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Removing the ROPS also makes it easier to pass under the laundry line and avoid branches (and no, I don't want to cut my branches shorter). Tell me, umm...how many people override safety switches on everything from lawnmowers to heavy equipment. What a worry-wort society we live in.
I don't think using safety technology and equipment is being a worry wart, :rolleyes:
I think it's called being intelligent! ;)

davidwarner63

Equipment
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
I agree too, when there is a risk. But the fear of litigation can sometimes go too far. Better not leave your ROPS folded or someone might get on your tractor and roll it. What will the insurance company do if your 'having a cold' one while mowing. What about any Mods you do to your tractor to make it perform tasks out side of it's normal or intended purpose. oh oh, the lights have been modified and blinded the driver that ran into you etc etc.

My ROPS are off while mowing my flat yard. Just like 90% of people with box store garden tractors. Hey, I use a bagger too but don't have front weights on my machine. I could loose directional control and get sued.

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
Update on the Rops bar purchase. My dealer contacted Kubota and they have no problem selling the new style Rops to replace the 2013 model, if you have 480.00 to part with. Also got the new floor mat and it is larger the the 2013 mat, therefor it will not fit. Going to checkout weather he order it for the bx1870 or a bx25. Will update later.