Help with L3502 (Daedong)

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
L3502 with FEL, Big Bee 6' Brushcutter
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Folks,
I have a Daedong L3502 that I recently purchased. I have a few questions to ask if you all have some time to answer.
1. What is the Kubota model equivalent? Is there one?
2. What is my HP?
3. How can I tell what year it is? (Does it matter?)
4. Where can I get a repair manual for it?
5. This I where it gets tricky. My right side lift arm is sliding off the spline. Darn near came off completely. How is the arm typically held in place? It looks like the retaining plate came off but I can't tell how the plate is attached.
Thanks for any help you can provide. Look forward to your expertise.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
1. No equivalent models that I can find, it is a true Grey/Gray model.
It is a South Korean built unit.
2. 35HP to 42HP answer varies from source to source.
3. It was manufactured somewhere in the 80's.
4. South Korea
5. Bolt or roll pin is what should hold the arm on.

Post some pictures of the arm, shaft and I might be able to tell you which it takes.

Last edited:

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Hey Wolfman,
Thanks for the information. I'll post a couple pictures later today for you to look at. I did try to see if there was any threads in the hole but couldn't see any. Looks like a smooth bore so I can't figure out how the retaining plate is supposed to be attached. I have the arm "wired" in place for now. Seems to be working but not a permanent fix. Thanks again.

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Wolfman (and anyone else with information), I have attached a couple photos to better describe my problem. You'll have to excuse my quick fix with baling wire and spring, I needed to finish a job that day. (Seems to work though). Anyway, the right side arm has lost whatever restraining device that is supposed to be there. My problem is I don't know what it is or how it is attached. When i noticed it, the arm had drifted to the right about an inch, leaving a gap between the arm and the housing with the spline visible in between. I used a small crowbar to move it back into place. I thought about drilling through the yoke into the spline and setting a bolt, but I'd prefer to do it right if the option exists. Anyway, let me know your thoughts about my options for repair. Til then, stay safe. Thanks very much for your time.
Martin

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
From what i see, left side has a plate and a bolt holding it on. Im thinking the threads are pulled. So next oversize thread needs to be tapped and a new bolt installed. It doesent have to be tight like its holding whole tractor togther, just enough to squeeze the lockwasher flat. A drop of locktite will help too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check very closely that there is not a bolt snapped off in the rock shaft.
If it does not and the hole is deep enough for a good bolt your best bet is too clean out the hole and insert a hello coil in there, as trying to tap it is going to be real tough, the rock shaft is very hard!
Worse case scenario, find a bolt that fits the hole and use epoxy to set the bolt in the shaft, the side force will be very little and it should hold.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yes, rockshaft would be hard, maybe using a hook of sorts to see if threads are actually gone. If it is hard as Wolfman says, its more likely the bolt just fell out.
Would need to figure out bolt size and length.

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Folks,
Quick couple of questions I thought of for possible fixes - :confused:
Can I carve a groove in the rock shaft and install a snap ring and flat washer to keep the arm from sliding?
Can a threaded nut be welded on the inside center of the rock shaft to take a bolt and plate washer?
Can I drill and thread a small hole through the arm and insert a 'set' screw?
Thanks for your thoughts?
Martin

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Those all sound like good options. The one problem i see is how tough the metal is gonna be. If you have a good machine shop near by, it may be worth talking to them and see what they would charge to drill and tap the arm for a bolt. They would be better equipped to deal with it, and if it's not gonna cost to much to have them do it. It would cut some of the pita factor out for you :D

Zt84

Aug 16, 2013
Victoria ,Texas, US
I have a zen noh/ kubota L4202. It looks just like your. I have a part manual I found for mine but I don't have It with me. I believe the manual also includes the 3502 or 3602, but I would have to check. I don't have it with me but I believe yours has the v1502 which is around 35 hp where mine is a vt1502 around 42-46hp. The only differnce is a turbo. Hopefully this helps some and I will look at the manual to confirm the other model

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is a pic of mine. It's missing the grill right now. If you come across any good info let me know, it's sometimes hard to come by.. Thanks
See that's the problem with a Grey/gray market tractor they are just upside down! :D

Here lets make this right!

Attachments

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
See that's the problem with a Grey/gray market tractor they are just upside down! :D

Here lets make this right!

Now you have gone and don it!:mad:
That tractor was meant to run on the other side of the earth, thus upside down.:rolleyes:
This tractor is going to constantly get stuck all the time as it tries to get back to its designed orientation on the opposite side of the earth.:eek::D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Now you have gone and don it!:mad:
That tractor was meant to run on the other side of the earth, thus upside down.:rolleyes:
This tractor is going to constantly get stuck all the time as it tries to get back to its designed orientation on the opposite side of the earth.:eek::D
Awww Fudge Sickles! :eek:
I done made a boo boo! :eek:

Last edited: