seat safety

Newbe

Equipment
L3901
Dec 2, 2015
GOFF. N.H.
Hi folks,
New guy with a question. Have any of you disabled the seat safety switch?
It's a PITA when looking behind me mine will die. Just curious.
Thanks

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Mine doesn't have one, but I'm pretty sure I'd have disabled it by now if it did.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I am not certain if your tractor has the same type of seat safety switch as mine, if so it is inside the base of the seat and its function can be adjusted with shims of cardboard or plastic. My dealer fixed mine for me since I was too light to keep it going. Mine now is perfect for my weight and I can look backwards no problem. Worth asking anyway.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Hi folks,
New guy with a question. Have any of you disabled the seat safety switch?
It's a PITA when looking behind me mine will die. Just curious.
Thanks
It is more sensitive when leaning to the right than the left, the switch is on the left side of the seat. The day they delivered my tractor I killed it three or four time before I figured out what was going on. I was leaning way to the right to see the right side of the bucket. I thought there was something wrong with the tractor. I have over 160 hours on it now and I don't have the problem anymore. I didn't want to bypass the switch in case someone else uses the tractor.

If you haven't read the manual, when you use the PTO and you are off the tractor you have to put the seat in the upright position. I think you have five seconds to do that after you get off the seat.

Last edited:

mport

Equipment
2013 B3200 backhoe
May 9, 2014
ST. Clairsville OH
I zip tied mine down. I stand from time to time to line up my bucket forks under a pallet. Kill switch made it a pain.

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
I zip tied mine down. I stand from time to time to line up my bucket forks under a pallet. Kill switch made it a pain.
Yes this is one of the first things I had to do as I too stand up quite often. Maybe if I was taller like say 7'2" I could see what was going on out in front of me. I do appreciate the switch and it's safety but not sure I want the tractor stalling so much ....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
None of mine have a seat switch.

If you want to leave it active put a toggle switch in-line so you can kill the safety switch when you don't want it but still be able to have a functional switch when needed.

Reactions: 1 user