How Much Difference

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
Looking to buy a B2650 and thought I had found a pretty good deal. The tractor I was looking at is a 2015 but new never sold, but I found a 2016 the same model except the 2016 has a QA front bucket the 2015 has a pin on style, other than that the two are the same. My question is how much difference should there be between the two in price considering one is a year older but with zero hours:confused:

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I would strongly suggest the QA bucket setup regardless of the year of the machine.

That said, if both have 0 hours, it depends on how much the dealer wants to move the machine. Model years make less of a difference, hours is the big driver. Assuming they didn't change anything from 2015 to 2016...if they did, then that's another story.

Between paint fade, minor rust from the machine sitting for the extra year, possibility of condensation in the hydro, engine oil and fuel from sitting, etc....I would expect them to mark down the 2015 a few thousand $ at minimum...but that's just my guess.

you buying cash or financing? Both machines should be eligible for the Kubota low rates...

Good luck, like I said you WANT the QA setup either way.......its more expensive to try to add later.

drab m

Jul 13, 2016
Southern Illinois
In my experience I would expect virtually no discount for 2015 vs 2016. Maybe a token amount. I do not think it is like car model years where it makes a difference.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I agree with Drab where you probably won't get much discount. I have a '14 and love the quick detach bucket. Depends on whether or not you are going to put implements up front.

I have the bucket, fork lift forks, and a grapple. Love the ability to change in seconds.