suggestion by new observer

old freddie

Equipment
B2920 with FEL, first choice GM30-60 finish mower, Kodiak 4'SD rotary cutter. Pi
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
I am a new owner of a used tractor. I did not receive any manuals with my tractor so I have been reading and searching for help regarding my challenges. I am a reader of most forums that I have an interest so I am not new to forums.
In most forums there are consistently repeated questions which bothers a lot of folks by not knowing if the reader is too lazy to search or they think they have a unique question.
If my suggestion is already here I must have missed it too which is the point.
I suggest there be moderator topics added to each discussion point for new owners like, manuals for instance. (what manuals are available and where can you get them free and purchase?
Quick hitches, how many different kinds and there pros and cons.
What I am getting at is for the new owner that knows nothing and introductory category that will help reduce the number of dumb posts and provide one place of reference rather than wading through a lot of searches hoping to find an answer.
This forum already has some "must read sites" which I have been thankful to have. My suggestion is if I can see some more info on the "must read"?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I am a new owner of a used tractor. I did not receive any manuals with my tractor so I have been reading and searching for help regarding my challenges. I am a reader of most forums that I have an interest so I am not new to forums.
In most forums there are consistently repeated questions which bothers a lot of folks by not knowing if the reader is too lazy to search or they think they have a unique question.
If my suggestion is already here I must have missed it too which is the point.
I suggest there be moderator topics added to each discussion point for new
Thanks for the input. The other issue with repeated questions is it burns out well meaning members that have a treasure trove of knowledge. They stop being active from the burn out and that is bad for everyone.

.... owners like, manuals for instance. (what manuals are available and where can you get them free and purchase?
See the Ultimate Read me in the Service and Repair forum. There is links that inform users about manuals, where to get them etc.

Quick hitches, how many different kinds and there pros and cons.
.... will keep my eyes open for good threads on this topic to include in the Ultimate Readme's.

What I am getting at is for the new owner that knows nothing and introductory category that will help reduce the number of dumb posts and provide one place of reference rather than wading through a lot of searches hoping to find an answer.
This forum already has some "must read sites" which I have been thankful to have. My suggestion is if I can see some more info on the "must read"?
thanks for the positive feed back. So folk as you read thru here if you see something I've missed that would be a good thread to include as a link in the Ulitmate Readme's LET ME KNOW.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome to the site :D:D:D

There are sticky's at the top of each sub forum for frequently asked questions. For example the ultimate sticky at the top of service repair and maintenance. Where folks have contributed sources for manuals, must have Web pages for cross referencing filter numbers, belt numbers, ect..,..

But, that being said, on this site there are a great bunch of folks that don't mind answering the same questions over and over, and actually encourage folks to ask any question even if it seems silly. ;) That's not to say we won't give a little good natured ribbing occasionally to spice things up a little and make it more entertaining :D