loader control valve malfunction

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Cabin fever has set in... for sure! And this gives me too much time to think.

I have a loader control valve (the original OEM) that after I got the connection lines wrong only once and tried to move the bucket seems to have damaged the valve.

Here is what it does... the valve works perfectly in all functions EXCEPT when I pull the lever back to raise the bucket.

The bucket will raise if I only pull the lever back 1/3 or less the distance of the lever backwards travel. If I pull the lever beyond that "magic" one third of the travel distance the bucket stops raising and remains at that point until return the lever to within the first 1/3 of the travel capability.

I knew better than to tackle the vlave myself so I took it to one of the best hydraulic shops in Chester County, PA. They bench tested it and said it seemed fine to them. Put it back on and it does the same thing.

First any idea as to what I may have done to the valve? Can a HUSCO unit be repaired?

I got a valve off ebay as a replacement for now however... I am not certaing what that valve was used on origfinally. I seems to work ok but it does not cleanly go back to neutral position upon release like my original Husco valve.

I sure would like some input on this one... Thanks, Butch

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Thanks Vic... I will check it out. Butch

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Hey guys I did contact HUSCO directly.

The valve is a priority valve configuration and HUSCO will not even talk to their factory reps about how they are configured. HUSCO say we must go back to Kubota for any resolution in any fix situation. I did that and the shop my Kubota dealer sent it to, who is the best in SE Pa, says there is nothing wrong in a bench test and suggest I go back to Kubota. I did again.... they suggested a new valve control at $700 +.

That is not what I wanted to hear especially for a valve that is serviceable in every other application.

Suggestions?

Butch

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
The original quest to answer the age old question... can a Husco valve be fixed.... This is the final one floating it to the top for our new guy... Butch:eek:

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Vic.... 9210 B1A

Both the dealer and Husco said the valve was proprietary... I hit a stone wall. My heas still hurts.... Butch

PS.... send me what you have let me match it up. I still have the contacts at Husco just in case we have to go direct to one of their wholesalers.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
My MAN VIC!!! That's it... that's my valve!

Any idea why two dealers and a Husco representative located in Lithicum, MD would not know the valve parts are available?:confused:

I can't wait to print the pdf file and confront the parts people AND their dealership owners as to why this was not made available to me when I requested it not once but a couple of times. :mad:

I will let you know how I make out....:)

Now Vic.... lets talk front drive line universals for my B2410....:rolleyes:

I have been told you have to get the whole yoke/universal assembly as the kits for the universal is NOT available.

Maybe you can pull a rabbit out of the hat one more time,,,,:cool:

THIS SITE IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD!!! Orange gold that is....:D

Thanks in advance... Butch

PS... Boy that was close... in my exeurbrance and excitment I misstyped my name.... in my defence the u and i are side by side on the keyboard...:eek:

Glad I caught it before Scott.... ehhhhh!

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Dude
Hope you find your part!!!
I have been dealing with some parts people who just want to draw a paycheck.
Good Luck
Will

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Vic... you are correct... you and "K" should be on the Kubota payroll. You know... on the control valve I even gave the dealers the model number of the control valve and subframe assembly... which came as a unit apart from the front blade. And they still could not pull up any information...

I really appreciate this site... Butch

Eagle Creek

Equipment
B7200 HST, loader and tiller
My MAN VIC!!! That's it... that's my valve!

Thanks in advance... Butch

PS... Boy that was close... in my exeurbrance and excitment I misstyped my name.... in my defence the u and i are side by side on the keyboard...:eek:

Glad I caught it before Scott.... ehhhhh!
In this case I think it may have been appropriate??? I know I would've been a @#$%^& after dealing with those guys.
Good job Butch :)

......b

dennis79

Equipment
B2910
Dec 22, 2010
scotland, maryland,US
Hey Butch, Did you ever get your loader valve problem fixed? Im new to this forum and I see you posted this back in Feburary but I have the EXACT same problem with my valve on my b2910 with a la402 loader. Was wondering if you solved the problem and if so what was the culprit. Thanks

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I Did!
But not after I bought a new valve on ebay for $275.00. The problem was ion the lower side of the spools. when took tghe housings off (2 cap screws holdinf each) I found it was full off corrosion. I cleaned it all up and reassembled, being careful not to lose the ball bearings, and it works as new.

I was lucky. Most units the corrosion has gone so far as to trash the whole valve... a costly replacement. I was told the Husco valves could be rebuilt, however, I live in a metropolitian arera and NO hydraulic shop would touch it. They said control valves are too cheap to repair. Obviously they have not seen Kubota's prices for a mediorcre valve.

I still have the extra valve complete with quick disconnects and all... however, if mine goes on the fritz again I am going to retro with a prince valve. I am not going top even use the replacement Husco I have. It is a bad design all the way around.

I wish you all the luck in the world on the fix, but if it does not work maybe we can work a deal for the spare Husco I have. Have a great and safe New Year! Butch

dennis79

Equipment
B2910
Dec 22, 2010
scotland, maryland,US
Thats what I found was wrong with mine but when I cleaned it all out and reassembled it I still had the same thing. Has me baffled. It just all of a sudden started having that problem. I will have to see which valve mine is. Im pretty sure its a 2006. Maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks for the info ! Dennis