B7200 No start

Moleman29

Equipment
B7200
Nov 26, 2015
Coatesville, PA
Just picked up a B7200 4x4 with FEL and power steering. Transported home in the bed of my F350 now I cannot get it started. This is my first Kubota and yes it was running and we (me and the po) backed it onto my truck. What are the two "choke cables" for? One is on the left hand side and the other on the right hand side. It did start and run very briefly but quit and now the battery needs to be charged. Need to get it started so I can get it off my truck and inside.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just picked up a B7200 4x4 with FEL and power steering. Transported home in the bed of my F350 now I cannot get it started. This is my first Kubota and yes it was running and we (me and the po) backed it onto my truck. What are the two "choke cables" for? One is on the left hand side and the other on the right hand side. It did start and run very briefly but quit and now the battery needs to be charged. Need to get it started so I can get it off my truck and inside.

NOT knowing that model but.....there is no choke cable:)

They (one) may be a compression relief cable - but I am not sure of that.

DID you glow plug it ? Even in a warm climate - hitting the glow plugs is a good idea. IS by chance the fuel valve in the off position? Charge the battery good - then hit the glow plugs for about 15-30 seconds....

report back

Moleman29

Equipment
B7200
Nov 26, 2015
Coatesville, PA
I did glow plug it repeatedly. The fuel valve is in the vertical position, I can't read the writing on it will try to get closer. The compression release make sense but which one, the one on the left side? Battery is now on charger. May try with another battery.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Decompression is the left Knob .....the right one is ENGINE stop .......looking at another model that is close to yours.

When you get new battery in - pull out left knob, see if it will start - make sure you place the throttle in about 50%. Once running place decomp back in. And to kill engine pull out knob on right (if this is correct for your machine)

Moleman29

Equipment
B7200
Nov 26, 2015
Coatesville, PA
Engine is running now, I needed to cycle the glow pugs much longer. I will check into those two cables. Also small tube near oil filter has smoke coming out of it. Tractor has 1640 loader and does not seem to have much down pressure. I will be ordering operator's manuals for tractor and loader.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"Once running place decomp back in."

I don't thing the engine will run with the decompression know pulled out. That removes compression so the engines turns over faster. Saves starter and battery and moves oil through engine.

I would use the glow plugs for 30-40 seconds to see if that is enough aid to get the engine to fire off. If not you can heat the GPs the same amount but pull the decompression knob for 20-30 seconds, then push the decompression know in to aid in firing off.

Here's something that may help. http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/12/cold-weather-starting-tips/

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"Once running place decomp back in."

I don't thing the engine will run with the decompression know pulled out. That removes compression so the engines turns over faster. Saves starter and battery and moves oil through engine.

I would use the glow plugs for 30-40 seconds to see if that is enough aid to get the engine to fire off. If not you can heat the GPs the same amount but pull the decompression knob for 20-30 seconds, then push the decompression know in to aid in firing off.

Here's something that may help. http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/12/cold-weather-starting-tips/
True about the running....but once a cylinder ignites the fuel, it is running:) - I agree - it "running" with it out would be ......impossible ! ;)

Glad you got the ol' girl up and purring !:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
85Hokie, now you're confusing me. It's like, "I swear I did not have sex with Monicka...":D:D

But hopefully, down the road, when someone unfamiliar with kill knob, decompression knob and glow plugs can get an idea of how to proceed.

Moleman29

Equipment
B7200
Nov 26, 2015
Coatesville, PA
Yes the one on the left is decompression and the one on the right is engine stop. I've got a starting procedure down know. Still no down pressure on the loader even with the three point lever all the way down. I think control valve needs replaced it has a lot of slop and will not center. Does anybody on this forum sell manuals? Thanks for everyone's help.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Yes the one on the left is decompression and the one on the right is engine stop. I've got a starting procedure down know. Still no down pressure on the loader even with the three point lever all the way down. I think control valve needs replaced it has a lot of slop and will not center. Does anybody on this forum sell manuals? Thanks for everyone's help.
See the Ultimate READ ME at the top of the forum. Lots of answers to questions you have are linked there as well as questions you have not thought of asking yet. Example.... "where to get manuals".... A question that has been asked to Ad nauseam.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Sorry about that. Took your advice and read that post and have now downloaded three manuals from kubotabooks.com.
No problem. We're here to help. Your bound to run into many questions as you review the manuals and search the forum here.