ZL2201 or L245 information

Stu

Equipment
L2201
Dec 9, 2015
England
Hi. I've got a couple of issues with my old kubota.
The first thing is I'm getting oil dripping from the rear axle / hubs. I haven't looked to see the problem yet but could anyone tell me do these tractors have oil in the hubs? Or should they be dry when I take them apart? I assume if the hubs should be dry the oil is leaking from a seal that the drive shaft goes through, is this correct? Also are the brakes housed in there? Or are they in the actual axle?

I can't seem to upload a photo but hope you understand what I mean?

The other issue is wiv the rear link arms. I've just bought a topper (mower) to go on the 3pt linkage. When I raise the mower up the front of the mower touches the rear tyres. Do different models have different length lift arms? I would like to have at least 2" / 3" clearance between the implement & the tyres. My thoughts are either find some longer arms or a last resort would be cutting them & welding them up a bit longer. I'm unsure of doing this as the tractor needs to be strong enough not be bend or flex.
Obviously if I have longer arms will make implements heavier than if they shorter with the weight closer to the tractor.
Please help lads

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll send you a link to download the WSM for the L245, that should help you out.
Yes the hubs and axle housings will have hydraulic fluid in them.

Move the pin location forward on the implement, not the arms on the tractor back. ;)

Brakes

Rear axle case

Rear axle

Attachments