New BX25D, DIY mods

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
Hey Jetman,
Could you share a close-up pic showing how you installed the Rear Top (ROPS) mounted lights? Looks like you fab'd a bracket? I also have the all steel Curtis cab on my BX25D and have the lights, no bracket and looking for some easy/practical install ideas...

Thanks!
-Greg

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
The bracket I made, is attached to the cab's rops guide, leaving the rops free to be folded down , and my rear work lights are always in position for work at night.

Attachments

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
This was a very easy one night fabrication I came up with.
Took longer to run the wires than to make the bracket.
I put quick disconnects on at the ends of the light wires just in case I have to replace them , then the black wire molding to cover the wires and to make it look neat.

Attachments

Last edited:

homer44

Equipment
bx2370
Aug 24, 2014
st cloud,minnesota
hi jetman! just ordered my bx25 and trading my 2230 for it.lots of pic and info. haven't descided about a cab yet,but looking.i live in mn would love a cab...that was a 7foot door on ur shop, right? I am new here on this forum. where is heater? is it hot water from tractor or elect?this is my first post,so I will see if I am doing things right .tnx:rolleyes:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
jetman, "tripped badly" . Well at least you have an excuse,, at night. I tripped yesterday and fell up against a sheet of stainless steel that had been sheared. Cut my right arm between shoulder and elbow. Lucky to have a nurse for a wife. But geeez, took her 20 minutes to doctor me. I could have poured some alcohol on it , wraped a shop towel around it and put some duct tape on it in 2 minutes.
Like all the lights. I've got everthing done to my new bx except the extra lights. Don't have to push snow here so ther'e not extremly important. Did you say where you got the lights??

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
jetman, "tripped badly" . Well at least you have an excuse,, at night. I tripped yesterday and fell up against a sheet of stainless steel that had been sheared. Cut my right arm between shoulder and elbow. Lucky to have a nurse for a wife. But geeez, took her 20 minutes to doctor me. I could have poured some alcohol on it , wraped a shop towel around it and put some duct tape on it in 2 minutes.
Like all the lights. I've got everthing done to my new bx except the extra lights. Don't have to push snow here so ther'e not extremly important. Did you say where you got the lights??

I just did a Google search and picked my lights off Ebay. Should have gotten a second 4000 Lum light bar, because it really lights up the front area. One facing the rear would have been awesome.

I have been so busy with my honey do list, no time to post. She said you got it we will use it. Put in a pond, cleared the back 15 acres and it goes on and on.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
hi jetman! just ordered my bx25 and trading my 2230 for it.lots of pic and info. haven't decided about a cab yet,but looking.i live in mn would love a cab...that was a 7foot door on ur shop, right? I am new here on this forum. where is heater? is it hot water from tractor or elect?this is my first post,so I will see if I am doing things right .tnx:rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback, the door is 7ft. and the heater is hot water from the tractor cooling system. The cab is from "Curtis Cab" along with the heater. This was a very fun project to do and I love this tractor more and more. My neighbor has gotten a Kubota BX now!

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio

Thank God, for the in house nurse. Infections are nothing to take lightly, I know.

Attachments

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
That Curtis cab would be awesome for blowing snow or plowing in the winter. How much effort would it take to remove it in summer and fall, than replace for winter? I would be afraid of whacking it on a tree or low hanging branches at my place. I still use a little ride on mower as its even tight for the BX to maneuver thru some of the treed areas.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Bearskinner,

The cab attaches to the ROPS, at the rear of the tractor and at the door openings it is screwed down.
With an overhang pulley , you could lift it off .
You would have to make quick disconnects for you electric connections.

Attachments

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Yep, love the thumb, very,very,very handy. Like having an extra person helping.

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
t33jetman,

I got the same overhead console you have for my new bx2370-1. I'm learning as I go with the install, but I was wondering about the connections near the battery. Do you have any pics you can share to give me some insight? It looks like there might already be a harness there to connect the wires, but I'm not sure. I appreciate anything that you think might be helpful!

Thanks!

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
t33jetman,

I got the same overhead console you have for my new bx2370-1. I'm learning as I go with the install, but I was wondering about the connections near the battery. Do you have any pics you can share to give me some insight? It looks like there might already be a harness there to connect the wires, but I'm not sure. I appreciate anything that you think might be helpful!

Thanks!
I don't have pics of the battery area. The console, comes with a cable with positive and negative ends. I just routed it down the right side of the cab, and then over into the battery area, and put eyelet ends to be screwed down on the battery terminals. All other connections and made inside the overhead console it's self. circuit breakers are in the console.

Last edited:

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
Thanks for the reply. My console came with a relay so that it could be hooked up to go on and off with the key. I just wasn't sure where the best place was to connect the wire that's supposed to go the the key control. I assume from your comment that yours doesn't have a separate relay?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Thanks for the reply. My console came with a relay so that it could be hooked up to go on and off with the key. I just wasn't sure where the best place was to connect the wire that's supposed to go the the key control. I assume from your comment that yours doesn't have a separate relay?
Yes , I had the relay also, but put the relay on a separate switch I installed on the dash.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I had some free time and a gallon of orange paint. Found some metal cabinets being given away, so I repainted them.

Now I have to make a sign that say's "Kubota Country"

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Jetman, you made my decision easy, my black cabinets hide greasy fingerprints, but dont brighten shop much. Been tossing around the idea of orange, guess im getting a gallon....thanks