Loader Arm / Retaining Rings coming off

ALLEN007

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 11, 2018
CHIPLEY, FLORIDA
I have a new BX 2380 (4 hrs on it). There are large pins that connect the loader arm to the bucket that have retaining rings on the end of the pins. Every time I use it the retaining rings come off. I'm assuming the arm in putting pressure on the rings and popping them off. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Anyone had this issue or know what's going on or seen this before.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Are the retaining clips the circlip style? If so look very closely at the edges on both sides to see if one is square and other side is rounded slightly. Square edge needs to be side away from the loading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Sorry, but you can't view the picture unless you have a shutterfly account.

Just post it directly on this site, much easier.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Download picture to your desktop
Then load it to this site

There is a sticky at the top of one of the forums to tell you how and you need to be over five posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
Just went out and looked at mine and the arms aren’t even against the clips. If they don’t have an answer for you. I think I would drill a hole and use a washer and cotter pin but should be the dealers problem and not yours.

ALLEN007

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 11, 2018
CHIPLEY, FLORIDA
Just went out and looked at mine and the arms aren’t even against the clips. If they don’t have an answer for you. I think I would drill a hole and use a washer and cotter pin but should be the dealers problem and not yours.
I was looking very closely this weekend. Everything is fine until I tilt the bucket straight down (as if I was going to dump something out of the bucket) and at the last second the arm (which I believe is the loader stand arm) will move over to the left and knock the retaining ring off. Does yours have washers between the arm and the retaining ring?

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
I was looking very closely this weekend. Everything is fine until I tilt the bucket straight down (as if I was going to dump something out of the bucket) and at the last second the arm (which I believe is the loader stand arm) will move over to the left and knock the retaining ring off. Does yours have washers between the arm and the retaining ring?
Mine does not have any washers between the clip and the arm. Tilting the bucket all the way down is exactly what they say we should do before dropping the legs. I know it’s a pain but sounds like your dealer should make it right for you. You could buy a small car for what they charge so it should be right!

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
Mine does not have any washers between the clip and the arm. Tilting the bucket all the way down is exactly what they say we should do before dropping the legs. I know it’s a pain but sounds like your dealer should make it right for you. You could buy a small car for what they charge so it should be right!
Tried to attach a pic but don't know if it worked.
BXFEL.jpg

1880owner

Equipment
BX1880 tractor, LA344 loader
Mar 26, 2022
Doylestown, PA
I know this post is over 3 years old but I was able to solve the mystery of the c-clip I found in the driveway. Thanks for the info.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
when dealer assembly tech assembles the loader, they're supposed to put new circlips on. They are sent with the loader parts kit. Most of them don't; they reuse the ones that are on it. it's my understanding that Reuse slightly stretches them and they lose their ability to stay put.

in motorcycle transmissions, the gears and sliders are often held on with circlips. If you reuse them, and reassemble the transmission, they can come loose/break/come off. If this happens, and a gear or slider goes where it ain't supposed to be, it becomes a BIG problem. Thus, I don't do it. Lot of techs do reuse them, and it saves $20, but I don't.