Winch installation on RTV-X1140

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I am trying to find the best way to route the battery cables on my RTV.
Due to the length I am looking for the cleanest, shortest route possible.
I heard that on might have to remove the skid plates from UNDER the RTV to access a "channel" to run these wires.
I am guessing that I cannot gain access from under the seats or floor pans from above.
I may have asked this before and I apologize if I have.
I am just stumped and really do not want to take a bunch of stuff off of it if I do not have to.
I thank you in advance.

P.S. My local dealers really did not have an answer as they have not mounted any winches.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I have a 1120 RTV and I mounted a 4500lb Terra Super Winch. I ran the cables to the left frame rail and on top of the skid plate and into the area under the dump bed lever. I mounted the relay there and ran the short battery cables over to the battery from there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
I have an rtv-900, and put my relay inside that cavity just forward of the battery, so short runs to that, and ran the control wiring straight up, next to the dump handle and keep the switch and wiring coiled up under the driver's seat. The cables for the winch are run from that forward compartment towards the middle over the skid plates and up the right side frame rail to the winch.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
That’s basically what I did but installed the rocker switch on the dash in one of the cutouts provided. Then I added LED lights and a Bluetooth sound system that I play SiriusXM off my phone. Then bed extensions and tarp bows I fabricated from my grandkids old trampoline. I had a tarp custom made at a tarp shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
Thank you all for the comments.
So, did you have to REMOVE the skid plates to run the cables?
I just don't want any exposed cables due to the brush I drive through.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
There are gaps you can get through so I didn’t need to remove any skid plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I will have to look again once I get it up on some stands.
Thanks for the input!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk