BH 77 bucket hook mounting

Jake1074

Nov 14, 2017
Saluda, NC
I would like to mount a chain hook on the bucket of my BH77, just not sure where the best place is. I have Ken's Bolt On hooks on the loader bucket and was thinking of using similar.

Suggestions? Pics of yours?

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I just hook the chain end onto the lip of the bucket, but I'm not moving anything so heavy as to be anywhere near the limits of my hoe. Certainly not heavy enough to bend the bucket lip. If you add a hook, post up some pics and let us know how you like it.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Kens bolt on hooks also sells a really nice weld on excavator hook, with a spring loaded latch, for that application. They actually have a slight curve to them to fit the back of a backhoe bucket. Perfect for what you want to do. I have bought several from him and weld onto the center of the loader bucket for several people.

View attachment 40204

View attachment 40205

View attachment 40206

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have Ken's Bolt On hooks on the loader bucket and was thinking of using similar.
Kens bolt on hooks also sells a really nice weld on excavator hook, with a spring loaded latch, for that application.
rkidd - they do look great!

Thanks RKidd, those look great!

I have a few pictures of the Bolt-On hooks on some small JD buckets
Gosh Jake - you got the attention of Ken himself! :D

Ken - they fit on those little JD buckets real nice! Looks like a nice spot.