RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Saying 12-22” here.
I’ll know Monday...
Saying windy low of -10F, and high of 0F Monday....
Thankfully, doesn’t look like Lake Effect will reach us, because lake effect is supposed to be kicking in after the storm. ...ARGH...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Looks like our shoreline may take another beating. We're looking at astronomical tides, high winds and a lot of rain, not good.:eek::mad:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not good here, very windy and drifting. First time with the big plow is a learning experience. Cannot float the blade at all, have to apply a little down pressure and speed isn't important either. 2nd gear on the high side, just above an idle does just fine. Think I'm going to have to add another set of trip over springs though.

I'm taking pictures but I'll have to repeat everything tomorrow so I'll post them up then including some from the tractor seat plowing the road. Another thing I need to add is a rubber flap on top of the plow to contain the snow dust but I will say the plow handles 3 foot drifts just fine.

Nice to have the big M pushing the plow. In FWA there is little to no plow driving the tractor.

Was a bit worried about a 10 foot wide plow on the M but my concerns were unfounded, she handles the plow just fine..

Tomorrow after this clears out I'll plow again and do pictures.

Was a great investment. Lots quicker than the FEL bucket. Did 3 long drives and the road about 1/2 mile each way in around an hour.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Not good here, very windy and drifting. First time with the big plow is a learning experience. Cannot float the blade at all, have to apply a little down pressure and speed isn't important either. 2nd gear on the high side, just above an idle does just fine. Think I'm going to have to add another set of trip over springs though.
Sounds like your cutting angle isnt right. Is it floating up over the snow without down pressure? Is it heavy wet snow?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sounds like your cutting angle isnt right. Is it floating up over the snow without down pressure? Is it heavy wet snow?
Not at all. Dry and fluffy with big drifts. Tried it in float, no go. At least it's not driving the tractor. I do think for next year O'll get chains for the front wheels though. I can see another 'attack' tomorrow morning is in order, It has not let up one bit since sunrise. My tractor weighs around 9000 pounds with the loader and cast centers. I'm guessing the plow weighs around 1000 pounds give or take.

I also tried different angles on the plow itself. Slightly tilted forward seem to work the best.

Very windy and drifting here, basically a whiteout all the time. Cannot tell how much we have got but I'd say at least 8" so far with no let up in sight.

I have to say that I had a rutted mud hole down the road a piece that is no longer rutted out. The plow took care of that issue on the first pass. Nice and smooth now.

Least the birds are happy, devouring the sunflower seeds and bird see at a high rate of consumption.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks like all we are going to get is rain and ice and MAYBE a dusting

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It quit snowing here but the wind is fierce. I walked the pup and had a look at the non-existent road. It's anywhere from a foot to 3 feet deep and thats after I did it earlier. I'll go out in the morning and plow the road and drives again (and take more pictures from the comfort of my cab of course. Temps are supposed to drop into the below 0 (f) tonight and stay that way through tuesday. Will be warming up the M9 for a period before it goes out in the morning.

Pup had a great time in the snow.... I didn't.:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yep you dont have to plow rain :D
Would be fine with me. Problem with rain is, it causes mud and I live a mile off the pavement on a dirt (turns to mud) road when it rains.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Going back back down to -10c Monday so we won't have to worry about mud, probably not for another couple months.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
whit as much rain as we got today Im glad it wasnt snow,, we would be belly button deep to a 10 foot indian right now, no offence to any 10 foot indians we might have

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Colder than a well digger's knees here now that the snow has moved out. We got about 6 inches, worth getting the tractor out for, very grateful for cab. I was outside all day, had to fix an automatic waterer before it got any colder. Still had to be careful touching metal latches with bare hands. Supposed to be bitter until Tuesday then freezing rain, then next weekend back to frigid. Here is the behind the scene discussion from NOAA in Grand Rapids. Good thing those guys have a sense of humor. :D

"We will also be watching model trends with a potential clipper on
Thursday or Friday followed by extreme cold for next weekend. The
ECMWF has been going ballistic the past couple days in painting
historical (hysterical?) outbreaks of arctic air across the Great
Lakes and surrounding areas. That signal is also in other models
but not as strong. Even so, highs around 10 above and lows 10
below are well within the realm of possibilities by the end of
the week."

I can hardly wait.:(

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Snowed here for the second time this season. Was 50 degrees this morning :rolleyes: Went to town and the temps dropped to around 35 degrees and started snowing. Snowed most of the day but didn't amount to anything.

We've had rain pretty much 3 or 4 days a week at least for the past 4 months. Grounds past saturation.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
The Snow God's have spoken!

DAMN THE TORPEDOES BOYS!
FULL SPEED AHEAD!!

Sorry, :eek:, this is the first time since I bought the Cabbed tractor four years ago that I have actually had to use it for the reason I bought it.......

PLOW SNOW!

Wish me luck Boys, I'm goin' in!

(as all of the people who get real snow every year roll their eyes)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Went out to the barn via the frozen wasteland, it's -1 here.

Pre heated the M9 for about 10 seconds and cranked it over, started on the first turn like it's summer...lol It's not.

Road looks like a snow glacier, drives are full too.

I'll let the kubby warm up while I have coffee, she's blowing lots of vapor.

I'll take pictures (from the comfort of the cab), no point in getting frostbite outside.

The plow will work had this morning, pretty deep in spots. Some drifts look to be 4 feet or so.

Lots of wrecks on the paved road a mile south (I can see emergency flashers and looks to be cars sideways). People should never try to venture out in this stuff, but they do and they get in wrecks. keeps the bump shops busy I guess.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
It's a MIRACLE! We're SAVED! All Thanks to Al Gore! French Toast for Everyone!

The Snowpocalypse turned into about 3 inches, to be washed away by 40° temps and rain this afternoon.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you...

Weatherguessers and their hyperbole...a pox upon them!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We were told last weekend the coming Wed (the one just past) a few inches of snow, then Fri. night 8-10" of snow with frigid cold. We got a total of a flurry. It looks like someone spilled some laundry power in some low spots.

The temp. for the Chiefs/Patriots game was forecast at start was 4 deg. and going down. Today the sun is shining, it's 16 deg out at 9AM and going to be 26 at 5PM.

Somehow all the mapping models, computer programs, and whatever else they use to tell us what to expect seems so far off they would soon learn not to project their predictions so far out! It's much more accurate to look out and see if the tree limbs are moving, or a flag is flying, or is the sun shining, or something is falling...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well, not that I'm photogenic but I took some pictures from the cab... Too cold to get out and take them. Had the heater set at 68 and the am-fm on, playing some 60's music. Was about -1 outside. I wet out and started the Kubby at 7am, came back in and had my coffee and danish and went to the barn. Gave it about a 45 minute warmup at idle.

The plow has to be the best 800 bucks I ever spent. It's a mile from the house to the pavement and you can readily see, I moved some serious snow.

The neighbors are happy and all in I burned maybe 3 gallons of diesel.

All in, I plowed about 2.5 miles of road, my drive, the drive to the barn, my rental property drive, neighbors across the way, lady down the road.

Nothing beats a cab tractor and the M9 handles the plow just fine, 3rd gear on the high side of the transmission (11th gear) in FWA.

Was a blast.

Attachments