Re: Solication

Great sign. Where did you find it?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's a good thought, but I need something for my phone. Is there an app that will answer those incoming calls and tell them that, so I don't have to?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Len,

Some phone companies offer an option: When you call you go to a message that says this number does not accept solicitation calls and asks that you take their number off the call list. Then, it directs the inbound caller to hit a number to go through. A friend of mine has it on his land line in ABQ and he said it's cut his solicitation calls to zero.

I have the RoboKiller phone app for my cell phone but it's only marginally successful. In six months its blocked 59 calls. In that six months, I have received probably close to 200 robo calls that rang through. I block them every time but the VoIP protocol constantly picks new numbers in your local area to call from. The FCC has totally fallen down on this topic. If "Big Gubmint" can't stop something simple like nuisance calls, how can anyone expect them to solve health care?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ray, my problem arises for the situation where sometimes I have items listed for sale, or have vacancies in some rental and pretty much have to answer the phone, no matter the number. I need ESP!!

My answer is to have "fun" with it. I just ask questions, "Where you calling from? What's the weather like there? You been keeping busy?" Doesn't take long and they hang up on me!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Len,

I have the same issue. I sell stuff occasionally on CL.

After playing the game and asking them to remove me from their call list, one nice individual who sounded like he was calling from the Philippines, told me, "I don't give a sh*t about your laws! I am not even in your country!" So, I gave that up and started putting the phone down after answering and blathering on about, "... how stupid can these people be because they won't take me off their call list..." CLICK. Problem is, their computer identifies you as an ANSWERER and it doubles the call frequency.

My wife never turns her ringer on. If I call her, I have a 10% chance of getting her. But, because she never answers robo calls, I went back through her call list and her frequency of robo calls was like a quarter of mine -or less. So, it looks like playing with them only invites more calls.

:mad:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Len,

I have the same issue. I sell stuff occasionally on CL.

After playing the game and asking them to remove me from their call list, one nice individual who sounded like he was calling from the Philippines, told me, "I don't give a sh*t about your laws! I am not even in your country!" So, I gave that up and started putting the phone down after answering and blathering on about, "... How stupid can these people be because they won't take me off their call list..." CLICK. Problem is, their computer identifies you as an ANSWERER and it doubles the call frequency.

My wife never turns her ringer on. If I call her, I have a 10% chance of getting her. But, because she never answers robo calls, I went back through her call list and her frequency of robo calls was like a quarter of mine -or less. So, it looks like playing with them only invites more calls.

:mad: