Paint issue on hood of my m7060

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
This would bother me too as I take great care of my stuff. If it sits outside, stuff can turn peach colored real fast. This could have happened if it sat out at the dealer too.

Try some rubbing compound. I bought a $500 G5200 that had clearly been sitting outside for years. I hardly invested any time into it and the hood looks about as good as new minus the scratches and dents.

If it is indeed sticker residue, try goo gone something similar.

Last edited:

Jtryan

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Ok so I sent pictures to dealer of hood and fenders( have same issues as hood)
And they will replace all.

It doesn’t come off with compound.. it’s baked in the paint. Seems to me that whatever they put on panels to protect them in the crate can cause this.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Ok so I sent pictures to dealer of hood and fenders( have same issues as hood)
And they will replace all.

It doesn’t come off with compound.. it’s baked in the paint. Seems to me that whatever they put on panels to protect them in the crate can cause this.
There ya go, now that was easy wasn't it?;)

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I had something similar on my M7040. Looked like strips of tape had been placed on the side of the hood. Mineral spirits, compound, wax wouldn't remove it. As a last resort, I had some NAPA swirl mark remover and tried it. It removed the marks completely. I then waxed the area and have had no more issues.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The paint is more or less the same stuff that cars "used" to use. Single stage, though instead of base/clear. Similar to cars, if a coat of wax isn't put on them, the UV isn't reflected away from it, and in time it WILL fade. If it were base/clear and no wax was used, the clear just peels. Just like cars. Kubota paints them but they don't wax them. I'd suggest removing the loader if equipped (takes like 45 seconds if you work quick), then wash it down real good & apply a good wax to the painted surfaces. Wheels obviously would be exempt, wax won't last at all on wheels. But hood & fenders, it will help immensely in making the finish last a long time. JD has the same issues with their plastic hoods fading but wax doesn't seem to help those. You just replace the whole hood with another plastic one which will be nice & new, and won't "match" the side panels and fenders that have some sun fade. I've successfully used diesel fuel on the faded molded-in-color green hoods to "bring them back"-and that seems to work ok. For reference, on some of the old T series mowers, they were bad famous for fade; the one I have was mostly pink when I got it. A wool pad on a drill with some polishing compound brings them back to basically looking brand new again. I have a T1460 that I picked up a few weeks back for my girlfriend's sister....it was nasty, but ran and drove excellent. I completely disassembled it, 100% down to a frame, repaired the little things and then just gave it a good cleanup. It literally looks and drives like a brand new mower, exactly what she needs for her high-end subdivision's "standards"....which will beat the snot out of the old Crapsman LT2000 that she's had for a number of years. Besides, the 40" Kubota deck will mow circles around the LT2000's 42". That Crapsman deck is JUNK! She can't even engage blades without breaking one of the aluminum spindles....

I love watching this site, because I, too, learn from it. Some issues I see like this one are isolated but it goes into the "old hard drive" (aka chrome dome) for later reference should someone show up with a similar complaint.