Clamp on pallet forks

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
First real day of work today with my 2650 and was pleased. I am looking at buying forks and came across clamp on pallet forks. They seem to have good reviews but some say they have caused bucket damage. What’s the opinions on these and has anyone damaged heir bucket.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I made the mistake of getting the clamp on forks. I would not recommend them. They worked good for my original intention of just moving small brush piles to my burn spot, but then I started using them to haul heavier items and they have bent the bucket. I already had bends in the bucket from clearing brush but the forks haven’t helped any. They are now just sitting in the shed waiting to be cut up and have a frame fabbed up to make a pin on set. When I can find the time to do it.

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
I made the mistake of getting the clamp on forks. I would not recommend them. They worked good for my original intention of just moving small brush piles to my burn spot, but then I started using them to haul heavier items and they have bent the bucket. I already had bends in the bucket from clearing brush but the forks haven’t helped any. They are now just sitting in the shed waiting to be cut up and have a frame fabbed up to make a pin on set. When I can find the time to do it.

This was my worry. Guess I’ll have to wait for the real forks thanks for quick reply

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I have forks from Titan Attachments. It's just to easy to hook them up as opposed to screwing and lining up the clamp on kind. I can quickly move my forks to accommodate different items. Plus my forks don't weigh as much as my bucket so it doesn't cut into my lifting max. Good luck

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Looks to me like a hunting blind....

I too think the clamp on forks are no good for anything heavy. The will impart a lot of strain on the bucket floor.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I thought Kubota offered 2 different buckets for the loaders or at least did. I have the heavy duty buckets on both of my units and when I bought them you had a choice of the HD bucket or a lighter material bucket.

being hard on loader buckets I always got the HD one.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
This style also moves your center of gravity forward the depth of the bucket vs. the quick attach style that is clamped to the quick attach plate.

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
I wouldn't buy clamp on's. You're better off converting your loader to SSQA (if it's not already) and get a quick attach type. I bought some forks from Titan that also has a bale spear and receiver hitch. I probably use my forks as much as my bucket.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Really just depends how you plan to use them.

For light duty work, they are quick & easy to use, and work fine. If you're pushing the boundaries of you machine; maybe not.

I have a set for my BX, and they are super handy for a variety of tasks. Of course, the BX is not really capable of lifting enough to cause any damage to anything, so it's pretty fail-safe.

More thought required for a larger tractor. :confused:

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Built my own from 2 in. sq. tubing & a piece of stress proof steel pipe. Forks adj. for width. Had to add center bracket after 1st attempt with black iron pipe bent with a heavy lift. They are super handy & easy to mount/dismount.

Attachments

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
I have a set for my BX1870. I like them, but as stated above, the machine doesn't lift enough to do much damage. When I get a larger machine, I'll get a full set of forks.

Also, no matter how hard you tighten them, plan on them moving or coming off at some point needing to reinstall.

Also, I find I want to use my forks far more often than I'd ever have anticipated, so don't assume you'll only use them here and there.

ALLEN007

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 11, 2018
CHIPLEY, FLORIDA
I had 70 rail road ties delivered last week, so I purchased a set for my BX2380. I was concerned about bending the bucket like others. I'm just moving one at a time and it works just fine. I believe they weigh around 250 lbs each. I don't think I would put anything heavy on the very ends of the forks just to be on the safe side.

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
I have forks from Titan Attachments. It's just to easy to hook them up as opposed to screwing and lining up the clamp on kind. I can quickly move my forks to accommodate different items. Plus my forks don't weigh as much as my bucket so it doesn't cut into my lifting max. Good luck

Thanks for all the replies. Just confirming this picture is NOT with bolt on forks. I believe you state you have the actual fork attachment.

I do have the quick attach bucket and think I’m gonna wait to go to the actual forks instead of the clamp ons

I love my new tractor so far. 9 hrs in two days on the clock. I’ll be halfway through the break in period by Sunday

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
So far my home made set works fine for light duty work and are handy for stuff bigger than the bucket. I echo the comments about being careful how it's used. The BX itself limits how much weight is possible.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have clamp on forks, because ss quick attach was not available on my B2620.

They work and can get you buy. But you have to be very aware of the added leverage they put on your bucket tilt. You have to be very gentle when you go to tilt down with a load on because it will be very fast compared to having a bucket full of gravel.

The other downside is visibility. If you are picking up a pallet on the ground you have to stand up to see where your forks are.

So far I have lifted a 534 pound wood splitter in the crate, a fiberglass furnace oil tank with 30 gallons of fuel in it, a lawn tractor and lots of maple logs and have no damage to my bucket or anything else at all.

Attachments

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I have clamp on forks for my BX25D but I lay a piece of steel across the bucket where I clamp the forks too and so far so good, I have lifted a half of a ton of pellets at a time and with slow and easy maneuvers it was just fine.

- Jake

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I have a clamp on 4 foot set from Titan that I use on my BX2660. As others have mentioned, on a light weight BX - you can't really lift enough to do too much damage to the bucket. I used mine to put my hard top on my Jeep (my buddy was a great spotter!) All that weight 4ft out from the bucket even with 300lbs of ballast is a LOT of leverage. Curling the bucket on inch is at least 6" 4ft out!

Last edited:

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
I bought and used clampon forks.
would not use them for any heavy lifting.
You WILL bend your bucket.