Kubota 3301

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Melvin, I clean the bowl once a year, but my float does not budge indicating that there is little or no water in my fuel. If yours is routinely creeping up, you might want to review all the possible sources of water in your fuel. Hints forreducing the problem include using a Mr Funnel, and keeping fuel tank in tractor topped up. It is worth doing because the high pressure pump in the common rail tractors is reported to be fussy about contaminated fuel..With that much water you will likely grow algae somewhere. An algicide might be a good idea.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Melvin, I clean the bowl once a year, but my float does not budge indicating that there is little or no water in my fuel. If yours is routinely creeping up, you might want to review all the possible sources of water in your fuel. Hints forreducing the problem include using a Mr Funnel, and keeping fuel tank in tractor topped up. It is worth doing because the high pressure pump in the common rail tractors is reported to be fussy about contaminated fuel..With that much water you will likely grow algae somewhere. An algicide might be a good idea.
Sheepfarmer, I was surprised to see the red ring float had moved halfway up the bowl this early, but I will take you suggestion to heart and keep a close watch on my red float ring.
Again than you so much.
Regards
Melvin.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Sheepfarmer, I was surprised to see the red ring float had moved halfway up the bowl this early, but I will take you suggestion to heart and keep a close watch on my red float ring.

Again than you so much.

Regards

Melvin.

No one has directly mentioned this, but isn’t the fuel separator element serviceable by cleaning? Your fuel delivery seems similar to my L4060 with the water separator / filter followed by the spin on filter.
With water contaminated fuel I would definitely be looking at solving the source problem also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Good morning, yes sir I believe that you are correct. I was just being a little proactive by observing and cleaning my fuel/water separater a little early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk