Kubota 3301

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I changed the fuel/water separator filter yesterday. How often do most owners change this filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
I changed the fuel/water separator filter yesterday. How often do most owners change this filter?

Once a year. Its my least favorite job especially because the belly mount filter

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I change my fuel filters when I notice a decrease in power. Probably every 4 years (I don't put a lot of time on my machines.) I do change the oil & filter every year whether it needs it or not.

I do carry spare fuel filters on all my machines though - that way when I am in the middle of work and it slows down, I have the answer to the problem.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I tried to lower the Rops on my 3301 and it will not fold all the way down as shown in the Kubota manual. Has anyone else experienced this with their 3301 or any Kubota Rops?
:confused:

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I tried to lower the Rops on my 3301 and it will not fold all the way down as shown in the Kubota manual. Has anyone else experienced this with their 3301 or any Kubota Rops?
:confused:
Can you take a picture of it in the "down" position, maybe we can figure out what's going on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take picture of both sides from the rear and both sides from the inside and outside.

I can tell you already that your missing spacers on the back pivot bolt and it's probably binding.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Take picture of both sides from the rear and both sides from the inside and outside.

I can tell you already that your missing spacers on the back pivot bolt and it's probably binding.

The spacer you see in the picture is welded to the upper rops and will not allow it to fold any lower. I suppose I could remove both bolts on each side and see if I could lower/reposition it and reinstall bolts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm talking about the fact that there is no spacers between the upper and lower rops on the pivot bolt.

I asked to see other pictures to see if anything else was missed or installed wrong.

Attachments

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland

I am having a difficult time uploading the pictures. At any rate the spacer that is visible in the photo is welded to the upper Rops. The spacer is not missing, it is welded to the upper rops does not allow the upper portion to fold down.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
If you look in the image below, yours is on the left and mine is on the right. The spacers that Wolfman is talking about are pointed to by the arrows on mine and where they should be on yours.

I know you said that you are having problems posting pictures, but if you can get it to work, take a picture of the ROPS folded as far as it will go from the side, this might help us figure out what is going on.

Attachments

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I'm talking about the fact that there is no spacers between the upper and lower rops on the pivot bolt.

I asked to see other pictures to see if anything else was missed or installed wrong.

The spacers item(110) in you picture are missing. Now I am wondering if I removed the wrong bolts. I removed the bolt at the rear of the Rops. Tomorrow I will remove the front bolt and see if that makes a difference.
:eek::eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The spacers item(110) in you picture are missing. Now I am wondering if I removed the wrong bolts. I removed the bolt at the rear of the Rops. Tomorrow I will remove the front bolt and see if that makes a difference.
:eek::eek:
Yep if you removed the rear bolt, look on the ground where you removed them for the spacers, put the spacers back in, tighten the rear bolt till snug no more, then remove the front bolt to fold.

Last edited:

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
If you look in the image below, yours is on the left and mine is on the right. The spacers that Wolfman is talking about are pointed to by the arrows on mine and where they should be on yours.

I know you said that you are having problems posting pictures, but if you can get it to work, take a picture of the ROPS folded as far as it will go from the side, this might help us figure out what is going on.

Doesn't anybody notice that the OP's rops is splayed open? Even with the proper spacers it isn't going to pit properly.That rops has been subject to damage or it wasn't built right.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Doesn't anybody notice that the OP's rops is splayed open? Even with the proper spacers it isn't going to pit properly.That rops has been subject to damage or it wasn't built right.
Yes sir, you are correct, the portion of the ROPS was assembled wrong. The assembler place the two shims/spacers on the outside next to the nut that screws on the bolt. I thought that was the way it was supposed to be assembled. Thanks to the knowledgeable Wolf, he got me on the right track.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland

I am now watching the red O-ring indicator as it progress upwards toward the white line on the filter bowl

:rolleyes: