Adjustable lifting rod

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Does anyone else find the adjustable lifting rod difficult to turn. Specifically i needed to tilt my rear blade to one side to cut a small water drain path in the driveway. Boy that arm was tough to turn. Any tricks out there????

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Set the implement on the ground and relieve the pressure on the adjustable link. You'll be amazed how easy it turns. Not meant to be adjusted with implement weight on it.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Set the implement on the ground and relieve the pressure on the adjustable link. You'll be amazed how easy it turns. Not meant to be adjusted with implement weight on it.
Well, i did have it down to start with. Still turned very hard. I will try it again tomorrow and make sure pressure off adjustable link, i did not check that first. Thanks.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Be sure the threads are lubricated with grease also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Like said... Once you get it to adjust, move it to the maximum length and lube well.

I use copper color anti seize compound. Has worked well for me.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Like said... Once you get it to adjust, move it to the maximum length and lube well.

I use copper color anti seize compound. Has worked well for me.
Ok, lots of grease to, copper anti seize good tip. Did not think of that. Thanks

All i know is that link turned mighty hard, i will verify pressure off link, more later and thanks

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Try letting the blade down onto a 4x4 or a couple 2x4s in the center of the blade so it takes the weight off the lift links and allows the blade to pivot on the blocks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Didn't realize you did not have a crank handle. Both my M's have a crank handle on the levelling link (and 2 grease fittings as well.)

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Try letting the blade down onto a 4x4 or a couple 2x4s in the center of the blade so it takes the weight off the lift links and allows the blade to pivot on the blocks.
Bingo!!!! Worked great, blade titled from side to side easy with 4x4 in center. I still would prefer a crank handle. Another gent mentioned he had one on his M with two grease fittings. Wonder if it would retrofit to my 3901?

I assume one would use same technique if tilting a box blade.

We are old school red fast hitch people here, even my 300 had a crank handle for tilting..

Thanks for the tip, dont understand why little tid bits like that aren't in the manual

Thanks again

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Bingo!!!! Worked great, blade titled from side to side easy with 4x4 in center. I still would prefer a crank handle. Another gent mentioned he had one on his M with two grease fittings. Wonder if it would retrofit to my 3901?

I assume one would use same technique if tilting a box blade.

We are old school red fast hitch people here, even my 300 had a crank handle for tilting..

Thanks for the tip, dont understand why little tid bits like that aren't in the manual

Thanks again
That would be me and I bet it will fit. Check with your dealer.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
That would be me and I bet it will fit. Check with your dealer.
Yes it will physically go on, but is way wrong.

Over all working length is much longer on the M, 4" If I remember correctly.

Top pin size is 7/8" on the M, 3/4" on the L. As well as the ball swivels are different widths, close, but different.

Lower pin size is 7/8" on the M, 5/8" on the L. Lower clevis's are different widths inside and out.

Like I said, it will physically fit on, but everything is wrong about it. :eek:

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Yes it will physically go on, but is way wrong.

Over all working length is much longer on the M, 4" If I remember correctly.

Top pin size is 7/8" on the M, 3/4" on the L. As well as the ball swivels are different widths, close, but different.

Lower pin size is 7/8" on the M, 5/8" on the L. Lower clevis's are different widths inside and out.

Like I said, it will physically fit on, but everything is wrong about it. :eek:

Well that sums it up. Guess I will head a different route, probably after market retrofit. Thanks for detailed reply.