3-pt hitch control levers - L295DT

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Question about a new to me L295DT 3 pt hitch levers. The lever furthest way appears to be the lift / lower lever. Is the lever closest to the operator a fine adjust? I searched the forums and read about float control - no idea if that is what it is.

I mounted the Kubota 3 pt back hoe and I am trying to control the height position of the hoe over time as I am moving the tractor to where I am going to use the hoe. Sometimes the 3-pt (hoe) drifts down and I end up dragging the bucket behind the tractor and unaware of this.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Float Control is normally talking about the Front End Loader.

If you go to Kubota Illustrated Parts list: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
and enter L295DT, it list all the levers and what they do.

Are you talking about these levers?

If so, the left lever is the main speed control.
If so, the right lever is the PTO speed control.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may have draft control. Research that and see if that is the second lever. Has something to do with depth control of plows and such

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Float Control is normally talking about the Front End Loader.

If you go to Kubota Illustrated Parts list: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
and enter L295DT, it list all the levers and what they do.

Are you talking about these levers?

If so, the left lever is the main speed control.
If so, the right lever is the PTO speed control.
Thanks for the link.

Definitely not the PTO (speed) or the trans shift levers. The levers I am asking about are the ones that control the lift/lowering of the 3-pt hitch. Located to the right of the operators hip. I looked up the link earlier on my phone and only saw one link, not two side by side. I'll revisit the link with a bigger screen.

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
You may have draft control. Research that and see if that is the second lever. Has something to do with depth control of plows and such

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It appears that the 2nd lever is the draft control lever. I could not find the raise / lower lever for the 3-pt hitch.

draft control.jpg

I am having difficulties controlling the 3pt hitch implement. When I lift up the 3-pt hitch the implement does not remain static. It either continues to lift up (rarely) or begins to droop down within a few minutes. Annoying if I am driving and the backhoe drifts down and the bucket digs in and leaves a trail behind the tractor. I was wondering if I need to be adjusting the draft control lever to keep the implement position steady.

It might be wear / age of the 3-pt lift cylinders hydraulic seals. There are others that are leaking a bit on the tractor itself and two of the backhoe's cylinders are in desperate need of new seals. These seals are nearing their 4th decade.

So I am trying to figure out if its operator error or a hydraulic issue and how I can compensate for it in the short term.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
The "Control Valve" determines how slow or fast that the 3pt lowers.

Have you adjusted it to see if you can slow down or even stop it from sinking?

If you have and it still drops that fast then it must be a hydraulic problem.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Question about a new to me L295DT 3 pt hitch levers. The lever furthest way appears to be the lift / lower lever. Is the lever closest to the operator a fine adjust? I searched the forums and read about float control - no idea if that is what it is.

I mounted the Kubota 3 pt back hoe and I am trying to control the height position of the hoe over time as I am moving the tractor to where I am going to use the hoe. Sometimes the 3-pt (hoe) drifts down and I end up dragging the bucket behind the tractor and unaware of this.
You don't have the BH mounted up right to the three point.

A properly mounted three point BH will not fall as the top mount stops it.

Also if you have not done so make sure you have the reinforcing plate on the upper link or you'll break the top of the three point right off.

The part that is either missing or not hooked up is a 4th link that goes from the top link down the unit to lock it in the upright position.

Last edited:

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
North Idaho Wolfman

I did not see your message until after I left Texas. I sorted thru the photos I took while the BH was still attached and only found one image that partially shows the attachment of the BH. I am not following your 4th link and where it mounts.
IMG_20190107_140602 LR tire.jpg

I will say that once I cleaned off the draft control label and kept the lever up when I was moving the tractor, the BH did not begin to droop (excepting for the BH boom linkage itself due to badly leaking cylinders on the BH boom. I am not planning on reattaching the BH until after the tractor is sold and the tractor/BH needs to be loaded on the buyer's trailer.