What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Honestly I had a couple of reasons for the wash. I needed to check the air pressure in the front tires, one looked a little low. The other reason was the front axle, steering knuckles, tie rods and all were covered in mud. It was even solid on the inside of the front wheels. I started out just looking for valve stems and one thing led to another and the tractor got a bath. What can I say, tractors need love to.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
The poor old girl has been stuck out under blankets and tarps during the cold spell wev'e been having.
The ground has thawed out and dried enough for me to finished the trench and get her up the bank to level out so I can get 11 ton of limestone accross..I love getting that bucket dirty:D

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

TreeFeller86

Equipment
Kubota/Zen-Noh B7000
Feb 14, 2012
Elmira, Oregon
Did an oil change on the tranny of my B7000 (at least i think it is) Its a Zen-Noh. Having some issues with starting it. It fires up right away then heads straight to full throttle and slowly returns to idle just to die. After a few restarts and warming up it continues to surge but i can keep it running. Is this an injector pump issue? After some time (20 minuets) It will come down to an idle and run flawlessly.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sick of being a target when I'm going down the road to the other side of the farm. I found a couple of cool led lights and got them on the fenders today. They go well with the others I already had on there. At least these stupid drivers can't say they couldn't see me. :eek:

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Hey Bulldog, where did you find those lights? they look pretty good, shouldn't get run over now! I gotta put some light on mine tractors, cant see in the dark without them.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi Tim, the ones on the rops I ordered from vehiclelight.com and the ones on the fenders I got from Truckpro. It's a local fleet parts supplier. I have a friend that works there and he gets me some good deals on my filters and such. I only gave $33 ea for those and they even have a chrome ring in between the lenses. Bota's need chrome to.

If you find some you like don't give a huge price for them. Let me know what you like and if I can get it cheaper I'll ship it to you if it's worth while. I'm sure the shipping can't be that much no more than they weigh.

As far as getting run over goes you wouldn't believe these idiots around here. They think it's a nascar track but drive more like a demolition derby.
I've been hit 2 times and have been lucky to come out with no damage.

I had a woman pass me yesterday going down hill in a blind curve and the entire stretch of road is double lined.

A while back turning in at my shop I put a state trooper off the road. He ran up on me so fast it was either hit me or the ditch. You believe he had the nerve to ask me what business I had being on the road with a tractor. I informed him that I was farming and what business did he have driving like a idiot running 70 or 80 mph (no blue lights) on a 2 lane county road not watching where he was going. If he couldn't see a tractor as big as mine with head lights, cab lights, flashers, SMV signs and a 16' disc behind it then what would have happened if a child would have been in the road?

Mad, yes. Pride hurt, yes. Actually shook my hand, said he hadn't thought about it like that and promised it would never happen again. Priceless.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I disced 6 acres then hit the same area 3 times with my spring-tooth harrow getting ready to plant safflower if any of you like hunting dove plant safflower they'll fly for 3 counties to get to it. This weekend I have another 6 acres I need to prep to plant corn this spring if we get ant rain ....Dan

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
:)Wired up a POWERLET 15A power outlet - for heated gloves!

Attachments

South

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 22, 2011
ohio
L245DT - Recently rebuilt steering box.
Clearing some land behind the house and moved a few bucket loads of firewood last night...getting my 11 year old daughter comfortable with driving and operating.

superdog

Equipment
B7800 TLB, International 3414
Feb 18, 2012
Southeast PA
www.facebook.com
I spent 3 hours on my new (to me) B7800 pushing fill into a hole for my first paying job. I just got it last week. The prior owner never changed fluids (maybe engine oil once?) since new!!!:mad:

The oil in the front axle was black and full of metal shavings, so I know it was never changed. Thank God it only has 280 hours on it, so it may not have hurt it to much? I must say that it worked like a charm and I moved a lot of fill.

The loader and hoe pins were so dry and clogged that I had to take every single one out and flush it with Kerosene and even replace some of the zerks to get it lubed. I can never figure out why some people can't take a few minutes every month or two to squirt some grease in a tractor? Especially considering what you pay for these units???? Grease is CHEAP compared to a new unit?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That was my dads number one saying he taught me, greas is cheap and parts are expensive. Its stuck with me ever since!

blackfoot1

Equipment
L245
Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
This evening, I installed the cylinder head on my L245.

After draining the water from the fuel tank and bleeding the fuel supply & injection lines, it started right up. This is the tractor I bought two weeks ago for $100. I purchased a head gasket for $60, so I don't have much in it, yet. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to start a re-build thread(with photos, of course). ;)