FEL very slow raise and lower

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
The problem I'm having is my FEL raise and lower are extremely slow. Just under 30 seconds up, just under a minute down. Here's the coincidence: I just installed a 3 station rear remote and a 3 point top and tilt. After the top and tilt cylinders where filled, the hydraulic fluid was low and I filled it back up. Every thing else works fine. Top and Tilt, 3 point up and down, HST tranny, bucket tilt forward and back. When I tilt the bucket while raising and lowering the speed is fine until the bucket hits a travel limit, then back slow again, until I reverse tilt of bucket. FEL drops normal speed when in float position. OK, I suspected air lock so tonight I ran my RPMs up and ran the FEL up and down, sometimes tilting the bucket, sometimes just the FEL. Even if slow the FEL will still pickup the front of the tractor. After at least 20 minutes of this I'm not sure any impact. If its airlock in the cylinders why does if run OK with tilt? HELP.

dsc440

Dec 11, 2017
US
Double check hose routing , dirt or bad check valve - I would keep working on possible air in a line while checking line routing & where they tied in , maybe on wrong side of a check valve and misdirecting pressure ??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Remove and reconnect the Quick couplers on the loader lines and see if that helps.

You can also swap the lift for the roll lines and see if the symptoms follow the lines. ;)

FYI: It's not air, air is purged out of the system in a matter of seconds on an open hydraulic system

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The problem I'm having is my FEL raise and lower are extremely slow. Just under 30 seconds up, just under a minute down. Here's the coincidence: I just installed a 3 station rear remote and a 3 point top and tilt. After the top and tilt cylinders where filled, the hydraulic fluid was low and I filled it back up. Every thing else works fine. Top and Tilt, 3 point up and down, HST tranny, bucket tilt forward and back. When I tilt the bucket while raising and lowering the speed is fine until the bucket hits a travel limit, then back slow again, until I reverse tilt of bucket. FEL drops normal speed when in float position. OK, I suspected air lock so tonight I ran my RPMs up and ran the FEL up and down, sometimes tilting the bucket, sometimes just the FEL. Even if slow the FEL will still pickup the front of the tractor. After at least 20 minutes of this I'm not sure any impact. If its airlock in the cylinders why does if run OK with tilt? HELP.
Seems very coincidental that after you added hydraulic features your loader starts acting up.

What model of tractor and loader. MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL?

Does your loader have 6 or 7 hoses?

How did you get hydraulic power for your 3 spool rear remote and did that valve have power beyond? How are you supplying the 3 pt hitch with hydraulic power?

Dave

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
Seems very coincidental that after you added hydraulic features your loader starts acting up.

What model of tractor and loader. MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL?

Does your loader have 6 or 7 hoses?

How did you get hydraulic power for your 3 spool rear remote and did that valve have power beyond? How are you supplying the 3 pt hitch with hydraulic power?

Dave
It is a MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL.
The rear remote is Kubota factory kit.
There was a Hyd access cover below the seat to mount the manifold, the 3 valves and the end cap manifold, handles lined right up with remote slots. Other than the instructions a little sparse, install went well. 3 pt was factory hydro already. Other than fiuld getting low during install I can't see how these can be a problem. All the valves a detent, spring return to center closed. So basically right now they aren't there.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
It is a MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL.
The rear remote is Kubota factory kit.
There was a Hyd access cover below the seat to mount the manifold, the 3 valves and the end cap manifold, handles lined right up with remote slots. Other than the instructions a little sparse, install went well. 3 pt was factory hydro already. Other than fiuld getting low during install I can't see how these can be a problem. All the valves a detent, spring return to center closed. So basically right now they aren't there.
Please supply part # of kit. Post kit instructions for others to read. Post photos of the "end cap manifold."

System is open center so puzzled by your comment: spring return to center closed

Dave

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
ok friends, Tractor is 'fixed'
Turns out operational quirk....at least I hope a quirk, or makes me look silly.
So after trying many things to basically try to fix airlock, and none of the observables completely verified this, in desperation I thought I would cycle the 3 point. As soon as I lowered the 3 point I noticed the frequency of the hyd pump change. FEL worked fine. So if the 3 point is fully up against the hard stop the pump must be in bypass. 1/4" below fullup no problem. Apparently I never had the 3 point in this position in the past. So if you didn't know this, keep it in the back of your mind. Happy times on the tractor again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So if the 3 point is fully up against the hard stop the pump must be in bypass. 1/4" below full up no problem. Apparently I never had the 3 point in this position in the past. So if you didn't know this, keep it in the back of your mind. Happy times on the tractor again.
You need to adjust the feedback linkage to keep this from happening again at random. ;)

dsc440

Dec 11, 2017
US
Anytime you add new accessories on hydraulic systems it's definitely necessary to run the new attachments through their operation to get the fluid completely in the circuits & controls that run them - then of course top off the reservoir according to the company's manual specs - good news !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk