B6200hst Wiring Help needed.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Hi all,
New to the forums, But have been reading them lately and decide to join and get some help. I was given a B6200hst that is missing all the wiring and switches. I have gotten ahold of owner / maintenance manual's and start wiring it up. I got it currently able to start and run. But having a hell of a time figuring out the charging side of the wiring. I had to buy dynamo and voltage regulator as well as the headlight and hazard switch along with the ignition switch. My problem with wiring up the charging side of the harness is that both dynamo and voltage regulator have non-standard Kubota wire color's that don't match the diagrams. I understand from the dealer it should be just easy to plug it in and get it working if I had a original harness. But I don't, and there is the problem. If someone could tell me or take a picture of the plug and wire colors that are part of a original harness that plugs into the voltage regulator I would be able to figure out. The wiring diagrams I have show only a flat plug, but I have a 6 wire plug that has 3 wire's stacked on top of 3 wires with non matching wiring color from the diagram. so Im stuck scratching my head on how to figure out what wire to run to which spade of the voltage regulator. Hope I was able to explain my problem. Any help you can give a first time owner of a old Kubota tractor would be great.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Because you are new to the forum you cannot post pictures.

Click on my name in the left upper corner of my post and send me a private message with your email address.

We can then arrange for you to email me photos of your regulator harness.

The dynamo is simple. Two wires, both the same as far as function is concerned.

Did you download the WSM from Kubotabooks.com?

The wiring diagram in the WSM is more legible than in the Operators' manual

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Jerry has provide the two pictures of his regulator wiring connector.

He bought the dynamo and regulator as a set but the wiring colors of the regulator do not match the wiring diagram and he is having to remake the harness so has no connector to plug the regulator into

Dave

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Jerry
I agree the middle top black wire is a common ground.

On the bottom, two wires are for the warning light that comes on when the system is not charging. The last is the regulator output for charging the battery.

Logically, the charging wire would be the red one but I am not confident enough yet to say so.

The warning light for the charging and low oil need to be 3.4 watt bulbs. Perhaps these are bulbs already in place. The wattage of the charging bulb may be important so don't use just any old bulb.

I will keep studying other diagrams.

Dave

Last edited:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Jerry

Maybe also attack this from the component side. What part numbers are on the dynamo and voltage regulator? Looking for the manufacturer numbers, then can maybe look up the diagrams from the manufacturer (not Kubota).

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Jerry

Maybe also attack this from the component side. What part numbers are on the dynamo and voltage regulator? Looking for the manufacturer numbers, then can maybe look up the diagrams from the manufacturer (not Kubota).
Didn't think about it that way, looked it up and the part #D15170_DSA-PS-1
got this info Terminal ID: AC, B-, AC, L, I, B+. think this is how it goes Top of plug is AC/B-/AC (blue/black/blue) dynamo/ground/dynamo. Bottom of plug has to be L/I/B+ (green/yellow/red) Lights/Instrument/Ignition? Not sure..

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Jerry
I have it figured out after looking at the wiring for many models.
On eBay I saw that the regulator for your B6200 was also for a B1550.

The 1550 WSM was much more helpful than the B6200.

The first photo shows the wiring colors on the regulator plug which matches your photo of the regulator you bought.

The second photo shows the internal circuit of the regulator along with its external terminals. I marked these terminals to correspond with your harness colors.

Feel free to ask more questions

Dave

Attachments

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Same conclusion as Dave.

6 pin connector shown for B1550 on WSM page S.9-22. Connector pins do not follow normal numbering scheme. Pin 6 between 1 and 2.

L stands for alternator Lamp.
I for Ignition switch.

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Thanks guys one step closer, but I still have one Problem didn't count on. Have no Instruments (idiot lights missing, the hole OK-monitor thing is what Kubota dealer told me its called.) So have no way to wire up that part of that system up as yet and I have no head lights to run off the new headlight switch. Don't know if that matters or not when wiring up charging side of harness or not? Have the headlight lens just not the back off them that holds the bulbs. Will keep working on it and finding the missing part to replace. Wished who ever took the whole wiring harness and all would just give it back.

Thanks guys. Yall help out a lot. Will keep working on this, figuring out the Regulator Is a great help to me.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks guys one step closer, but I still have one Problem didn't count on. Have no Instruments (idiot lights missing, the hole OK-monitor thing is what Kubota dealer told me its called.) So have no way to wire up that part of that system up as yet and I have no head lights to run off the new headlight switch. Don't know if that matters or not when wiring up charging side of harness or not? Have the headlight lens just not the back off them that holds the bulbs. Will keep working on it and finding the missing part to replace. Wished who ever took the whole wiring harness and all would just give it back.

Thanks guys. Yall help out a lot. Will keep working on this, figuring out the Regulator Is a great help to me.
Headlights are not necessary for the charging system to work properly.

Suggest you focus on the glow plug system and the charging system. The rest is nice but not necessary.

After that, oil pressure monitoring; either a gauge or light.

Dave

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Headlights are not necessary for the charging system to work properly.

Suggest you focus on the glow plug system and the charging system. The rest is nice but not necessary.

After that, oil pressure monitoring; either a gauge or light.

Dave
Well Dave, got the charging system working and your right didn't need the headlights at all. Didn't even wire them up, going to make that a stand-alone harness when I get the rest of little bugs that keep popping up fixed. Hour meter died... Had the Glow plug system figured out first, had to move the tractor to its new home. Still working on the monitoring system side of the harness, just bought a used 1 off ebay for a f2000, same model number on the part for the Ok-monitor. Used better than new, used cost $75 and new was $400+ for that little thing from dealer. Thanks again Guys for the great Help.