Will clamp on forks/tooth bar work togerher

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
I keep my heavy generator in the house. Would like to use clamp on forks and a pallet to lower generator out the door and down over a few steps when needed. I dont want to remove the pirannah bar though. Using a ramp I built is a bear to pull generator back up to put it away. Thanks for input.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I use mine over the Piranha all the time. Guess it depends on your clamp on forks

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Guess it depends on your clamp on forks
I got a set of Titan Clamp-On's this spring. Only had them on once - but they did work on the ends where the Piranha Bar has a gap for their own forks. Loader came off to mow - so only used them short bit.

If you needed the forks in a different spot, you could cut a couple teeth off with an angle grinder.

Some clamp on's have a wider gap/bucket depth than others - so like bearskinner said need to check.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I used a Sawzall and 4" grinder to cut two teeth slightly for mine. They work perfectly for me. They did fit on without it but I wanted as much contact surface on the tooth as possible. It was a quick mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
As others say, it depends on which forks and which toothbar you have. With mine, the toothbar is heavy enough that it adds quite a bit of reinforcement to the bottom lip of the bucket and helps protect it from bending under some heavy lifts.