The day my BX died.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Like many of you, I came here lurking when I decided that I needed a tractor. To make a long boring read short, it came down to 1025R or BX25. The BX won out for other boring reasons. I have read here and on Facebook pages the excitement and enthusiasm of BX owners abroad with their machines and what they can do and have been quite guilty of the same myself.
The Narrative has always been the same. "It’s a beast", "I'm simply amazed at what it can do".....so on and so forth.

But.....I have never really felt the same. And I promise, mine has seen as hard a day as anyone's. I have constantly been left a lil disappointed. Weak Bucket curl & lift along with a low tracktive effort have always had me wanting more. While I have never wanted a "Bigger" machine, I have always wanted more capacity from the one I had. Now I don’t want to overlook the fact that if you have a shovel and wheel barrow, and somebody comes along with a BX, it would be a god send. However, after buying my SVL there has not been a time where it has not impressed me. You want to push muddy dirt up a hill? It doesn’t care. You wanna get a "real" scoop of gravel? it will get it and keep pushing the pile. You got a dumb neighbor who thinks he is going to move and replant 10ft trees with a quad and harbor freight backhoe?.....Please. Even smoothing out a driveway is cake on this thing. Also, the ability to Yaw the machine left to right cannot be over stated. I am truly amazed what this thing can do. It has done everything I have asked. First time, without work around for its short comings. I bought forks for the bx and it would barely move 2 muddy pieces of plywood. The SVL moves 4000lb rocks, and pallets of wall block. And while everything has limitations,this machine in general doesn't seem to care about weight. There was only 1 giant rock where it was slow to curl it up. Aside from true commercial work, I cannot see where I would ever need more machine.

Of course.. I get it. Its as much as a new Diesel Truck and that is a pretty big bite to take every month (trust me. ) It can also be meat cleaver instead of a steak knife. At any rate. I just thought I would share my excitement and enthusiasm for it. Now where did I leave those BX keys? Gotta move it out of the way. :)

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Sweet machine for sure.....but not sure why you think it would even be comparable to a SCUT. Like comparing a triple axle dump truck to a Ranger.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
No kidding really? The SVL75 is a 9300 lbs, 75hp, $65k machine, BX25 2000 lbs, 24 hp, $18k machine. What’s the point?

I’m spreading 20 yards of mulch across my yard, maneuvering in tight places, in the beds with my bx, what would it look like after 40 trips with a 9300 lbs skid steer? A construction site maybe?

Nice machine though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leoric

Equipment
B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Mar 13, 2019
Indianapolis
If you find the SVL that useful you defiantly didn't have enough tractor to accomplish your tasks at hand. That being said I wish my neighbors would buy one so when my 2650 isn't enough I could borrow it! Side note: I was totally hoping for some carnage pics of a totaled tractor... am I the only one?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flienlow, wasn't it about 4 years ago when you first came to this forum with pictures of a home you bought located on an extreme hillside by a lake, and wanting advise on a tractor to work on it? Go back and read the post...folks told you several times the tractor you kept wanting support on was too small for your needs. Some ever said it's too steep for any tractor. If I remember correctly, you shopped around and bought it from a dealer a distance away, then came back here complaining about that dealer and the tractor lack of power.

You seem to enjoy representing yourself as the guy with a lot of problems with equipment and it's uses. Glad you found something that suits you!

And your BX didn't die, you just used your literary skills to draw attention to your story!

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I think it's a little disingenuous to title your thread "The day my BX died" when in fact there was nothing wrong with your BX.

I love your SVL, but keep in mind there are guys with much larger equipment who would be condescending to you and your "little skid steer."

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Where are your photos of the SVL with a mid-mount mower, mowing better than a BX?

:)

Bruce

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Ya, there must have been something wrong with your BX because my B pushes way more than a compact track loader. LOL.

Nice SVL by the way.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Flienlow, wasn't it about 4 years ago when you first came to this forum with pictures of a home you bought located on an extreme hillside by a lake, and wanting advise on a tractor to work on it? Go back and read the post...folks told you several times the tractor you kept wanting support on was too small for your needs. Some ever said it's too steep for any tractor. If I remember correctly, you shopped around and bought it from a dealer a distance away, then came back here complaining about that dealer and the tractor lack of power.

You seem to enjoy representing yourself as the guy with a lot of problems with equipment and it's uses. Glad you found something that suits you!

And your BX didn't die, you just used your literary skills to draw attention to your story!
'Cat -

My recollection as well.

He showed some of the terrain he was working the tractor on. Many, including me, strongly advised against using the tractor on the slope. Several suggestions were made for other alternatives to the BX. I gave up on him and his threads back then.

I haven’t read or responded to any of his threads or posts since but for this one, because I figured he finally wrecked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish

Well... its kind of dead to me. Literally haven't used it more than 2 Minutes since I got the 75.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I like the photo with the tree! How does spruce tree taste?
OHHH OHHH OHHH... I got this!
As someone that has eaten enough of those... Bad Horse ride, Bad Motorcycle ride, Fall off mountain (think rambo with a lot less dramatic effect) into said tree, they don't taste half bad, way better than Pine! :D