b21 no start

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
2005 B21 No start. Bought it with a broken rear diff and missing ignition switch last year. Put a new ignition switch in it, turn to on, and jump the starter relay, tractor started right up. I know some of the safety switches were not hooked up at the time I started the tractor ~9 months ago.

Did the entire rear-diff job, its all back together now and no start.

The fuel cutoff solenoid is not getting any power. The manual I have with wiring diagrams is not 100% accurate, it shows 3 wire cut off solenoid, this tractor is 2 wire, both red/ black.

Where should I start on this? The solenoid should be getting power with key turned to accessory position correct? Is the new ignition switch bad ? or is it a controller issue?

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I don't have a schematic, but in general:

The fuel cutoff solenoid is not getting any power. The manual I have with wiring diagrams is not 100% accurate, it shows 3 wire cut off solenoid, this tractor is 2 wire, both red/ black.
Go to the fuel shutoff solenoid and disconnect the connector. Should have three pins in the connector. These solenoids usually have two coils, one for pull-in and one for hold. The third wire is ground. Does the wire harness have two or three wires going to the connector?

To make it visual, you will connect a lamp or other indicator to the harness side pins corresponding to the pull-in coil and the hold coil. When you get it straightened out the pull-in lamp should briefly light and then the hold light should stay on.

Next chore: check all safety switches and verify correct operation.

Next chore: check the fuel solenoid circuit for pull-in. Then check the fuel solenoid circuit for hold. This should include the safety circuits previously explored.

Given the history of the machine I would methodically make sure that all is working as it should.

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
its a 2 wire solenoid, the diagrams are incorrect as noted in many other threads. it grounds through the pump/ chassis. It has 2 red/black wires only connecting to the solenoid

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
For the B21 I see three solenoids depending on serial number. Also four wiring harness. Can you share the serial number of the machine?

The solenoid should have a part number ending in -60010. What are the five numbers preceeding that as shown on your solenoid?

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
For the B21 I see three solenoids depending on serial number. Also four wiring harness. Can you share the serial number of the machine?

The solenoid should have a part number ending in -60010. What are the five numbers preceeding that as shown on your solenoid?

i can get the machine serial number and solenoid number when i get home in ~3 hours.

where are you finding the multiple diagrams? I have a copy of the 500+ page manual for B21's but the diagram in the manual i have is definitely not correct.

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
where are you finding the multiple diagrams? I have a copy of the 500+ page manual for B21's but the diagram in the manual i have is definitely not correct.
kubota usa parts shows B21 solenoids and harnesses by serial numbers. I don't know how different the harnesses are; whether in connections, connectors, or lengths.

I'm looking for clues as to what was factory on your machine, what might be mods, if there is an OPC or safety switches in series.

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
kubota usa parts shows B21 solenoids and harnesses by serial numbers. I don't know how different the harnesses are; whether in connections, connectors, or lengths.

I'm looking for clues as to what was factory on your machine, what might be mods, if there is an OPC or safety switches in series.

the wiring matches the diagram on page 2 of the attached PDF, it has OPC, neutral, clutch, pto, & seat safety switches

Attachments

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
OK then. solenoid 32721-60014 replaces 32721-60010 which is found on s/n's above 62889.

Fuel shutoff key solenoid should have +12V at both pins, they are tied together in the wiring harness.

Fed by fuel shutoff key solenoid relay, pin 3. Pin 4 is hot, through a 50A fuse.

Same relay, pin 2 is ground, pin 1 is driven to +12v by the OPC (Operator Presence Controller).

OPC detects the switches to clutch pedal, HST pedal, seat switch, and PTO in gear. It also connects to the key switch for power.

In turn, disconnect the solenoid and measure, then relay and measure, then check switches. Possible it could be the OPC, but more likely a fuse or switch.