Backhoe for L2501 Questions

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I'll dig out my manual when I get home this evening. I was told by the dealer the hoe works much better with the additional weight in the tires. I usually don't lift the rear tires completely off the ground when digging, but the outriggers will lift it without any struggle. I feel perfectly comfortable leaving my tires filled, and my backhoe stays on 80% of the time. I'll let you know what the manual says.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Thank you all for the great info and thank you Freeheeler for your checking. They are coming to get my tractor tomorrow AM to install the backhoe. I had a long talk with the salesman about the loaded tires....He has sold many and all with loaded tires....he sez, "hell" I'll call the manufacturer and get the skinny for you.....

called me back and said no problem as the makers of the unit say it is plenty strong enuf ….can't remember the brand of unit, but it is what Kubota sells here. He sez the manual says to remove weights from tires because of some humbug like not having the bucket on loader or something like that...snow job, I think...ha ha.

Guess the water stays in. I could get it out, but would worry about the rims rusting...no way to get all the water out unless the wheel was broken down and dried out.
I will keep up my investigation, but for now...the weighted tires will stay.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I checked both the BH77 manual and the tractor manual. Only one mention that it's not recommended to have weighted rears while the backhoe is installed. No mention of why. It also mentioned to not weight the front tires. Didn't know that was even a thing. My dealer said they recommend fluid in the rear tires for stability and weight while operating the backhoe and have not had any issues or problems with it. At that time I did not think to ask about any warrantee issues with having them loaded.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Thanks, Freeheeler…..wow...the WARRANTY thing. I never considered it. Wonder if they would write up an exemption and sign it as to the loaded tires deal ????? Bet not.
So if I pop the outrigger cylinders open.....heck...."can't you read the owners' manual son"??? ha ha ha...I can see it now.

If I pop one.....you know the first thing I'm gonna do? Yes....dump the water outta them tires.

It should be here tomorrow and I will be reading first then practicing. I have 2 culverts to put in soon.

Thanks