Question on B6000 factory ROPS

nav0239

Equipment
B6000, B219 loader, 619B backhoe
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
The ROPS is part# B1060, which is availabel for $129 puls shipping. But my dealer said it also requires B1401 ROPS adapting kit. This kit is not avaliabel until fall. He said nobody at Kubota knows what the adapter kit is for and what's in it.

My question is first what's in the kit. Can it be easily made or adapted from somehting. Pictures will help a lot if you have these, or have got a factory ROPS installed on your B6000, or a tractor using same ROPS.

mikeee54

Equipment
b6000 4wd
Jan 12, 2015
Out West
I believe when I got mine that kit was all the bolts, seatbelt kit and the attachment plate/pto shield that bolts to the rear housing. The ROP bar then bolts to this plate. The attachment plates are specific to each tractor is my guess.

But a couple of months ago I just ordered and everything showed up in about a week, which surprised me cause someone else said the kits were back ordered as at that time.

With shipping, tax and all the parts mine came to just under 400$

nav0239

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
Thanks mikeee54!

That clears up a lot of things for me. If the B1401 kit includes the attachment plate instead of the ROPS kit, then I will have to wait for it. Will talk to my dealer again and see if is actually availabel earlier.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
I just got both the ROPS and the adapter kit. The dealer and their contact at Kubota knew nothing about the adapter. Wasn't until I tried to put the ROPS on that I knew something was missing and this B1401 was the thing. Had to have it shipped across the country, but I have it.

A couple things I'd like to note for anyone buying this:

1. The B1401 plate had the holes drilled slightly off. I finally got it on, but it didn't nicely slide on.

2. The Kubota website is very misleading. It kind of implies that the ROPS is only $148 as I recall. That's not the case. Just don't want anyone to be unprepared on price.

And a couple questions. Hopefully someone else has mounted one of these:

1. The instructions came with a very small low resolution picture of the seat belt mount. Looks like it mounts to the top bolts for the top link mount. I tried that, but even with the belt adjusted as short as I could make it, I still need to take around 4-6 inches out of it. Does anyone know where this seat belt is really supposed to be mounted? I'm thinking maybe I can use the top bolts that mount the ROPS to the B1401

2. It looks like this thing interferes a bit with 3 point movement. I haven't had a chance to put an attachment on yet, but I'm a little concerned. Not only with not being able to lower an attachment all the way, but also what happens if the attachment is lowered fast and the three point arms hit the ROPS. Has anyone seen this?

nav0239

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
Hi uler3161,

I cannot help with your questions since I don't have one yet. Do you by any chance have some pictures of the B1401?

I have not ordered it since my neither dealer nor kubota knows if it will interfere with the 619B backhoe, which I am planning to use all the time as a ballast.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Hi uler3161,

I cannot help with your questions since I don't have one yet. Do you by any chance have some pictures of the B1401?

I have not ordered it since my neither dealer nor kubota knows if it will interfere with the 619B backhoe, which I am planning to use all the time as a ballast.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't have a good photo at the moment, but I'll try to remember to take one.

I am contemplating modifying the ROPS to make the 3-point arms lower fully. Though I suspect that voids any kind of warranty there might be on it. Either that or I need to get used to taking it on and off which isn't that great. I've only tried it with my box blade so far. It seems to go down far enough to be usable, but I suspect my tiller isn't going to be as good. Oh, and it interferes going up too. It won't go up enough to shut off the lift and it'll make a horrible noise (until you shut it off with the lever). I suspect it wasn't really designed for this tractor.

I'm jealous you have one of those backhoes. I'd love to find one.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Sorry for the delay. I spaced it out...

Anyway, it's a bit cramped so I didn't get too great of photos, but maybe they'll be of help. I tried to take some of the 3-point arms hitting the ROPS, but it's a little hard to see that.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Before you modify anything.... check with another dealer for shits an grins and see what part # they list for the "kit" needed for your tractor.

Just curious if you got the wrong cut thus the misaligned holes and the issues with the 3pt.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Before you modify anything.... check with another dealer for shits an grins and see what part # they list for the "kit" needed for your tractor.

Just curious if you got the wrong cut thus the misaligned holes and the issues with the 3pt.
You might be right. My dealer was somewhat clueless about ordering this thing. And from what I understand they even went through a rep at Kubota when ordering this ROPS. It wasn't until I couldn't get it to fit and I read this thread that I asked about the adapter.

The misaligned holes are so close I have to think it's the right adapter. I would guess they are less than 1/32 off from where they should be.

As for the 3-point interference, I would guess if they had built the adapter to go on the inside of the ROPS mount instead of the outside it would have worked fine. But maybe that would have caused space issues. According to something I read, the ROPS is supposed to allow a PTO reverser, so maybe there isn't enough space.

I haven't hooked my tiller back up, so I don't yet know how bad the interference is with the 3pt arms. I was thinking I'd just remove the ROPS whenever I want to run it. Kind of a pain, but it's an alternative.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you have to remove it every time you use your tiller, I'd modify the ROPS to suit your needs. Why worry about void of warranty? You'll have no protection with it off, so there is no warranty (of your safety) there either.

If you're REALLY concerned about some kind of law suit or something, remove the ROPS when you sell the tractor. Then disclose the problem, and offer it to the prospective buyer at his own risk to re-attach.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
1/32" of an inch? You're lucky- when I had to remove mine because the idiot dealer had installed mine wrong, (crushing, bending, & jamming my 3 pt linkage) it was misaligned about 1/16" in one direction and about 1/8" in the other. I used a come along & ratchet straps to pull it into position.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
1/32" of an inch? You're lucky- when I had to remove mine because the idiot dealer had installed mine wrong, (crushing, bending, & jamming my 3 pt linkage) it was misaligned about 1/16" in one direction and about 1/8" in the other. I used a come along & ratchet straps to pull it into position.
1/32 off on where the holes were drilled was about max. If it were more than that, I doubt I could have ever got it on there. As it was, I had to hammer it on far enough to get nuts started on the studs and then screw those on to suck it in. If they would have drilled all their holes about 1 or 2 sizes bigger it would have solved the problem.

I'm curious how your dealer could have gotten anything misaligned. Is it a different tractor model? Other than some shims between the adapter and ROPS (which I didn't use), I don't see any room for adjustment. Do you have any photos?

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
It sounds like y'all are getting the ROPS and installing it yourself.

My dealer said that they had to install it under the program, and that if they didn't, there would be no warranty.

Specifically, they said I would have to sign a letter absolving them of any liability.

Did y'all have to sign such a letter?

Mine is for a B6200D.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

My dealer said that they had to install it under the program, and that if they didn't, there would be no warranty.

Specifically, they said I would have to sign a letter absolving them of any liability.

Mine is for a B6200D.
I bet they are charging you a pretty penny to do it too! ;)

I've never heard of such a warranty exclusion! :rolleyes:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Mine is for a B6200D.
I have a L185. Did the installation myself, no letter signing, no questions. Just picked it up at the dealer when it came in. On the quote from Kubota the dealer installation was ZERO net but I couldn't get my tractor to the dealer.

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
Interesting...I looked for the email from Kubota, and this is what it said:

All sales are handled through one of our independent dealerships. As a I mentioned during our phone conversation Kubota Highly recommends that you have your ROPS installed at your local dealership to insure proper and secure application at all times. Per your inquiry and our discussion should you decide to install the Roll Over Protection Structure yourself you will relinquish all liability.​

I guess my question would be are y'all just ordering the ROPS at full retail and installing it, or are you purchasing the ROPS under Kubota's discount program and installing it?

If y'all are purchasing under the ROPS discount program, could you give me your contact so I can try my luck with them.

Attached is what they are wanting me to pay.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On the bottom of that quote it says Recommends, does not say requires they do it. ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The local dealer flatly refused to let me have the rops unless & let them install it.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That receipt looks exactly like I recall mine looking.

Dealer installation is best if you can get the tractor to the dealer.