How many B2601s are out there?

danmacd

Equipment
B2601, Loader, Hoe, Mower, Snowplow, Forks
Jun 12, 2015
Hamilton Ontario Canada
New B2601.. Day 1 today. Traded in my 2005 BX23
Went with the Loader (54" quick connect bucket), Backhoe (12" bucket), mechanical thumb, 60" mower, block heater, 3rd function valve, and then an aftermarket quick attach forks, and hydraulic snow plow for the loader.

Wanted something a "bit" bigger than my Bx23 but similar features (and a few extra goodies). So far so good but it is day 1.

danmacd

Equipment
B2601, Loader, Hoe, Mower, Snowplow, Forks
Jun 12, 2015
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Checked my new B2601 this morning. Does the exact same thing. Doesn't start raising until 4. Looks like its the way they are built, but doesn't cause an issue

Cheers

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
I'm about a 1 month owner on a B2601 as well and I'm really loving this little tractor. I too felt the 2650 was just a tad too big for my need's and I had no interest in the smaller BX series.

My 3-point lift lever is the same as described but doesn't bother me or have any affects on the up/down range of motion.

I feel for a tractor of this size it is plenty maneuverable and nimble cutting my grass with the 60" MMM. As to be expected, the FEL is a little ways "out there" and you have to be mindful of it around tree's/fences, but it is manageable. I have not disconnected my FEL yet as I've been using it a lot, otherwise it obviously would be that much more maneuverable.

One thing I've had to get used to is the more aggressive R4 tires it came with. While mowing, I have to take turns a little wider in 4wd or she will dig up the lawn but I only need 4wd on my front hill. At purchase, I had considered the turf tires but glad I went with R4 after doing some FEL work and dragging my subsoiler thru the GA red clay. My dealer also filled the rear tires for ballast so I can't compare what difference it makes but can tell you she feel's solid and secure even on my hilly terrain.

Guv

Equipment
B2601
Jun 21, 2015
Seguin Texas
I bought one about three weeks ago mostly for shredding. What a little jewel, my previous tractor was a MF 231s. The Massey was a good tractor and much bigger but the ease of operation compared to the 2601 is night and day! You really had to work on that Massey! I took my front tires in today to be foam filled, damn Mesquite thorns!:mad:

Guv

Equipment
B2601
Jun 21, 2015
Seguin Texas
Yes, mine has a 48" Lands Pride shredder on it. Maybe it's a Texas thing?;) We call "Road Graders" Maintainers down here also. I've got a buddy from West Virginia who says that's the dumbest thing he's ever heard!

Guv

Equipment
B2601
Jun 21, 2015
Seguin Texas
atljetmech,

I always keep my FEL down pretty low when shredding just in case there happens to be something big and nasty hidden in the brush.

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
Yes, mine has a 48" Lands Pride shredder on it. Maybe it's a Texas thing?;) We call "Road Graders" Maintainers down here also. I've got a buddy from West Virginia who says that's the dumbest thing he's ever heard!
Gotcha. Different regions/different terminology!

atljetmech,

I always keep my FEL down pretty low when shredding just in case there happens to be something big and nasty hidden in the brush.
Makes sense using the FEL as an obtacle hunter.
I'll have to remember that when I get to do some shredding myself!

racer 1

Sep 6, 2015
richland center, wi. usa
Just got ours today. For mowing with the mid mount mower, the rear tires had to much air and just beat the heck out of me. They came with almost 50# of air. After dropping them to about 32 it doesn't beat me up so badly. I ran my old B2410 at about 30#.

Burgie

Equipment
Kubota B2601HST w/ FEL, 50" reverse tiller & 54" box scraper
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Greetings,

I am new to the forum and this past Saturday ordered my new Kubota B2601 with FEL, R4's, a 50" reverse tiller and 54" box scraper. I fully plan on going through the entire manual and around the tractor (i.e. all sides, top, bottom, under, etc) inspecting the assembly and looking for obvious signs of loose bolts, fasteners, etc.

I should be taking delivery either tomorrow or Wednesday and will post some pics!! :D:D:D

I have operated Cat 988 loaders, 235 excavators and Ford backhoes but this is my 1st compact tractor so I am excited about my new purchase. A friend has a B2320 and she has allowed me to use it on numerous occasions and it is a fantastic little tractor so I can't wait to get my B2601 :D:D:D

Thanks and I look forward to participating in these forums!!!

Burgie