Homebuilt cab, couple tips to share.

roygage

Equipment
M7040, M5040, DT 3000
Jun 15, 2015
estherville iowa
Sharing a link below to a blog in which I outlined a cab build for my L3000DT. Couple simple things I think could be of help. One was using old automotive weatherstripping. Most cars have a strip of very nice weatherstripping under the hood by the cowl. Also the weatherstripping seals the trunk is pretty good stuff.

This was better quality stuff then I could find new and the price is right. Getting a tight seal really makes a difference when it is -10 degrees and the wind is blowing.

Another note is cutting nearly through the square tubing then using it to make a pattern. If you go to the site clicking on the pictures will make them larger and it easier to see details.

http://lifeonhighway9.blogspot.com/2011/03/building-tractor-cab.html

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Roy, your site was an inspiration and a great resource when I built my cab. Thank you!

I just went to the link and was a little disappointed I couldn't find a phrase I quoted when posting the story of my build. Something about that first cab being an embarrassment to relatives, both living and dead.

roygage

Equipment
M7040, M5040, DT 3000
Jun 15, 2015
estherville iowa
Roy, your site was an inspiration and a great resource when I built my cab. Thank you!

I just went to the link and was a little disappointed I couldn't find a phrase I quoted when posting the story of my build. Something about that first cab being an embarrassment to relatives, both living and dead.
Glad it was of some benefit to you. And yes, that first cab, born out of desperation, was an epic embarrassment.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Very nice cab, details explained clearly.this could be a template for building a cab for anything you want.
My neighbour across the road built a cab for his kubota,using a factory one to copy, bought all kubota parts including a/c for it.
Was very nice also. He has since passed away (rip) and gone are all his skills and advice.

So happy you could share this for others to use.