3 point hitch

Bern

Feb 5, 2016
UK
Hi,

I've recently bought a B5100E with a mower deck underneath.

It all appears to work correctly, but I'm not sure that the mower is going to be able to cope with the grass and terrain that I'm going to need it for.

So I thought I'd get a 3 point hitch for it.

The problem is that I have no lower brackets to take the bottom 2 points of the hitch.

I thought that perhaps something would bolt on to one of the many holes in the back of the axle casing, but looking at pictures on the internet it looks like this is part of the casting, and that the rear of mine is cast differently.

Does this sound likely? I've posted a picture of the rear of mine.

I'm going to look at a B7100 tomorrow, breaking for spares on ebay, I'm getting the wheels and tyres and was hoping to get the rear linkage too.

Maybe when I see it tomorrow it will all become clear!

Thanks in advance,

Bern.

PS Great forum :)

Last edited:

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
No help, but I've read that many of the older small tractors were made with a rototiller "permanently" mounted. The tractor was considered a one-purpose machine. It was mentioned that some were much easier than others to convert to a regular 3-point interchangeable-implement hitch.

Bruce

Bern

Feb 5, 2016
UK
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply, and it looks like you are correct.

The rear casing of the B7100 had the bottom 2 points cast into it.

I'm thinking that I could make up some brackets that bolt to the casing, that'd be a good test of my welding!

Cheers,

Bern.