LED work light added on Kubota L3301

Stefcro77

Equipment
Rototiller, Scraper box, Buhs hog, weight box, root grapples, Work light LED
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
Hi, I just added 4 square 27W LED work lights on my L3301. I fixed them on the Rops, two facing backward and two forward with two separated switch. They are flood lights which cover wider area than spot lights.

It works amazing and wanted to share it in case you are looking for more lights on your tractor! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

seifman

Equipment
BX1800 w/ loader for now
Oct 19, 2014
Raleigh, NC
So how about the part numbers/supplier? and some pics of the switches and where you tapped for power? Definitely have to get me some of those...thanks for posting.

Stefcro77

Equipment
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
I am away for work, I'll do it as soon as i get home next weekend. :) picture of swith part number and where to plug it... :)

Last edited:

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
where did you connect your wiring? I keep hearing about a hidden power plug under one of the rear fenders
Not sure where he hooked his up but on my L3800 there is a plug in under the left rear fender. I believe in the fuse box its listed as "work light".

thedevilyoulove

Equipment
L3901 HST with LA525 FEL, Land Pride RCF2572, pallet forks, 3 pt carry all
Jan 27, 2016
Woodbine, Maryland
Nice job, OP!

I used the factory Kubota rear light kit on my L3901. The switch is built into the light, and the light plugs into the work light circuit under the left fender. Took 5 minutes to install. Not as much light as your set up, but it works for me!

Def post some pics of your switch set up and tell us how you wired it up, you have a lot more light than I do!

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Stefcro77

Equipment
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
I did take the power from the work light plug under the left rear fender. However, I connected it close to the fuse box. The fuse box says Work lights, I just took that wire, cut off a part of the rubber around, and welded my wiring to it. That way my rear fender work light plug still works if I wanna add a quick light.

Doing so I was closer to wire my switches on the dash. I passed all wiring under the seat and between the frame and the removable cover between your feet spot. I won't dismantle everything for picture but I can take a photo of the switches. And yes it was not a quick job since it took almost 5 hours to do....

I used this material:
-LED square flood light 27W, model 22271F
http://arenco.ca/arenco/CATALOGUE_WORK_LAMP.pdf

Pollak toggle switch 34-571
http://www.ase-supply.com/Pollak_Toggle_Switch_p/po-34-571-p.htm

And added toggle switch seal boot to protect against water and mud...

Last edited:

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
Nice job, OP!

I used the factory Kubota rear light kit on my L3901. The switch is built into the light, and the light plugs into the work light circuit under the left fender. Took 5 minutes to install. Not as much light as your set up, but it works for me!

Def post some pics of your switch set up and tell us how you wired it up, you have a lot more light than I do!
Definitely info on where you wired it...

Deaner70

Equipment
L3301, LA525 loader with QA, LAnd Pride RCR1860 hog
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
That is somewhat the same as I am going to do. I am going to be drowning in light as I purchased the 48w square LED's-2 facing each way!! I bought an off-of-off marine switch for the dash. It is a rocker switch. I seen the idea from someone on this page. Looks good!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great lights, Great job Stefcro!

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I used similar LED lights for rear flood but for forward facing lights, I used a 12,000 lumen LED combo spot/flood light bar on top of the ROPS. Works great.