L3800 Fuel guage

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Really depends on what RPM your running the motor at, and what your doing with it.

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
Wolfman hit the nail on the head.

I can tell you that when I'm using my 6' finish mower I go through a little more than a gallon an hour. Just doing light FEL work or hauling the wife's yard stuff around it is really easy on fuel. I've also noticed the top quarter of the guage seems to go quicker than the rest, maybe something to do with the shape of the tank?

I would think after 5 hours you should have seen some movement. Let us know what you find out.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I don't recall exactly how many hours but wolfman is right, it depends on what your doing. I can tell you that the tank holds a majority of the fuel toward the top of the tank. So the gauge doesn't reflect the actual amount of fuel in the tank. Wait until it shows half a tank on the gauge and you will see that it will appear to be burning thru fuel a lot quicker, even though it is not, its just the shape of the tank.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
It also makes a difference whether or not you have the FEL attached, and the weight of your ballast and implements. The FEL weighs half as much as the tractor - about 1200 lbs; makes a big difference if you have hills. Loaded up, I think the 10 hours is pretty close.
Don't worry, the tractor does use fuel, and sooner or later the gauge will show it. ;)
If the gauge shows anywhere close to E, put more fuel in it..(quick!)

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
It also makes a difference whether or not you have the FEL attached, and the weight of your ballast and implements. The FEL weighs half as much as the tractor - about 1200 lbs; makes a big difference if you have hills. Loaded up, I think the 10 hours is pretty close.
Don't worry, the tractor does use fuel, and sooner or later the gauge will show it. ;)
If the gauge shows anywhere close to E, put more fuel in it..(quick!)
Ah yes, another good reason to take the loader off when mowing. Must be why mine uses so little fuel with the hog on there. :cool: