Work Lights on L3800

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Thanks to the many great tips here I finished my work light install except for a few little cosmetic things.
I tied into the existing work light circuit under the left fender and ran wires for two front facing and one rear. The lights were based on recommendations here and are 27 watt Tuff LED Lights.
The mounting bar is a piece of 1" aluminum tube.
I found the red and green waterproof switches at an auto parts store.
The only problem was drilling 3/4 " holes for the switches.
Everything went smoothly other than that and they work great.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks to the many great tips here I finished my work light install except for a few little cosmetic things.
I tied into the existing work light circuit under the left fender and ran wires for two front facing and one rear. The lights were based on recommendations here and are 27 watt Tuff LED Lights.
The mounting bar is a piece of 1" aluminum tube.
I found the red and green waterproof switches at an auto parts store.
The only problem was drilling 3/4 " holes for the switches.
Everything went smoothly other than that and they work great.

that looks super ! Now it makes you want to go out and play, oooopps:eek: work at NIGHT!!:D

they right bright aint they? I have the same exact lights, 4 of them and I had them on in the late afternoon and I could tell they were on!

Did you use a relay or aux fuse box?

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I used the 10 Amp work light circuit and the lights only draw 1.9 A each. I didn't add a relay.

Yeah they are super bright which is exactly what I wanted. And yes now I can play at night. I could before but I was mostly blind, this is a better idea. lol

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Holy crappola these things are bright! Here are a couple of pics from last night. I turned the flash off on my camera and took one shot with the stock headlights only and a second with the new LEDs. (It is a messy time of year)

Attachments

SRS

Equipment
Cabbed B3030, equipped with a FEL, FEL snow plow, belly mower, and forks.
Jan 3, 2010
Jarrettsville, Maryland
Quazz, nice job and you are correct how bright they are. You can really tell the difference with the light on the truck. Can you show a picture where you tied into for electric? I'm guess lights only work with the key on, correct? Again good job. Stanley

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I am looking on the http://tuffledlights.com/ site trying to determine which lights you have. Are those the flood lights or spot lights?

Thanks
TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger (pack of 4 )

This is the description.
Copy and paste this and you will get the full description on Amazon. It is a great deal @ $91.00!

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Quazz, nice job and you are correct how bright they are. You can really tell the difference with the light on the truck. Can you show a picture where you tied into for electric? I'm guess lights only work with the key on, correct? Again good job. Stanley
Here you go. I love these lights!

The location is under the left fender by the tail lights. There is an empty connector there but you can't see it in this picture as it is covered in red tape.
Yes the lights only work when the key is on.

Attachments

Last edited:

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Thanks for the info, just ordered the lights. Where did you get the clamps that hold the light bar to the ROPS?

Thanks
I bought the U bolts at a hardware store. I think they are 3" Ubolts and available anywhere but to make sure measure your ROPS. I also bought the square aluminum tubing there too. I painted it all black.

SRS

Equipment
Cabbed B3030, equipped with a FEL, FEL snow plow, belly mower, and forks.
Jan 3, 2010
Jarrettsville, Maryland
Here you go. I love these lights!

The location is under the left fender by the tail lights. There is an empty connector there but you can't see it in this picture as it is covered in red tape.
Yes the lights only work when the key is on.
Thank you sir. Stanley

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Quazz, nice job and you are correct how bright they are. You can really tell the difference with the light on the truck.
That picture doesn't do them justice. These lights light up a huge area like daylight. I take everyone who comes by out to see my lights at night. Truthfully though most people don't give a crap. LOL

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just ordered the lights yesterday from Amazon and they came this morning. Can't wait to get working on the install this weekend.
You will be amazed at the amount of light they put out !!! Send pictures when you get them hooked up!

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I bought the U bolts at a hardware store. I think they are 3" Ubolts and available anywhere but to make sure measure your ROPS. I also bought the square aluminum tubing there too. I painted it all black.
Charcoal Gray Krylon @ home depot matches the rops......

That picture doesn't do them justice. These lights light up a huge area like daylight. I take everyone who comes by out to see my lights at night. Truthfully though most people don't give a crap. LOL
But those that do have an appreciation for it. We installed a 24" LED lightbar on a buddies blazer and it lights up a 4 acre pasture incredibly. It also only uses 120 watts of power. It overpowers 440 watts worth of halogen lights with what seems a 4x brightness. Some of that is due to the LED's WHITE light output which is much more natural than a dull yellow from incandescents. LED light bars is what God would have on his hummer.

Last edited:

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Charcoal Gray Krylon @ home depot matches the rops......

LED light bars is what God would have on his hummer.
LOL! Go God!

Gray Krylon it will be then. At the moment the colour of the entire tractor is brown mud.

Mike3656

Equipment
Have grader blades, disc, assorted plows, cultivators, rotary cutter, rotary til
May 6, 2014
Amite,Louisiana
Great job on the lights, similar to the approach I used on my new L4600.
I used two forward LED's from Rigid Industries @ 2100 lumens each in flood pattern. I mounted one Rigid 2100 (diffused) facing rearward also on the canopy to illuminate the equipment and 3ph. Pricey, but very effective to monitor all working equipment or even to safely repair equipment at night. I tested the set up last night by running the cultivators through my expansive garden. I had a set of (3) 130 degree/floods from Super Bright LED, @ 1850 lumens each,which I mounted on the fenders angling at about 45 degrees (2 forward) and the other one is on the right fender facing rearward (1850 lumen) plus the 2100 on the canopy will give me almost 4,000 lumens. I found that when working at the end of a row crop, the effect was like always turning into darkness, and a problem identifying the last worked row, thus the addition of the angled 1850's on the fenders. The 1850's are @ $87.00 each and will GREATLY improve your set up.
I live in the very Deep South and work in the day time is sometimes unbearable and even DANGEROUS. Again, you have a fine set up..

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Ordered my lights off amazon.com last night. Similar to yours only I only got 2. Will have to do as project once I play with tractor first. Will have to find switches at local parts store when I pick up bar as well. Thanks for sharing pictures of each of your projects. My tractor is still to be finished once the FEL comes in at dealer last week.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Recently added side lights to mine for running at night. Didn't need them in the snow, but the grass doesn't bounce light around like the snow did.

Sorry for the pic size, but this is the only one that didn't give me an "Invalid File" window.