New 1975 L175 owner

KAC L175

Premium Member

Equipment
1975 Kubota L175
I just picked up a 1975 L175 with a Woods RB72 scraper blade.
The owner has gone through most of the tractor with a pretty comprehensive list of new replacement parts. I'm pretty happy to have found this deal.
I'm a 70 y.o. retiree who acts as the "Road Commissioner" for a private road association with 1.5 miles of gravel roads. After a couple of years of putting in culverts, ditches surface material, and crowning with contractors, I've decided to do the "routine grading with this unit.
I've been practicing technique with a small Agri-Fab box grader pulled by a Craftsman L1000
My first concern, before I "mount-up" is the lack of a ROP bar. Is it true Kubota has a program to underwrite this? If so, do they install it, or can it be DIY?. Also, I'm looking toward finding a box blade for this unit. I like the hole-filling results.
Well, that's my story (and I'm stickin' to it..). I'm looking for advice from members/guests to make this a safe, efficient, and enjoyable experience.

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Yes kubota will sell you a rops at cost + shipping.

You must be in US. You go through a kubota dealer and they all act a bit different. Some want serials some don***8217;t want to sell it etc. the first dealer I called said they don***8217;t make rops for 175 anymore which is not true.

Second dealer said it was the first time they had done it.

Show them the website. Dealer needs to call Corp to get it shipped out.

Www.kubotausa.com/service-support/safety/tractor-safety/rops-safety

$148 base for 175. Mine ended up being 192 after shipping and tax.

My dealer had no problem letting me install it. It was a pain though because one of my rops was not bent properly from the factory.

Easier with 2 people but doable with one able body.

- Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Fixed the thread location. ;)

Look at a land plane instead of a box blade, they do a better job maintaining roads, with a lot less work involved. ;)